News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Tasty Food Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 17, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Shadoninja

Planning on baking some cookies later today. Just made the dough and like the stupid idiot I am, forgot to add the eggs after creaming the butter and sugar. I put it in after the dry stuff. That shouldn't affect the cookie too much, right?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

I usually put in the eggs between the butter & sugar and the other dry stuff.

I don't think it'll make too much of a difference.

Shadoninja

Quote from: DrP on May 27, 2012, 03:33:22 PMI usually put in the eggs between the butter & sugar and the other dry stuff.

I don't think it'll make too much of a difference.
Yeah you're supposed to incorporate the egg(s) before the dry ingredients. That's what Good Eats taught me at least.

Edit: It wasn't affected. It still tasted like yummy deliciousness though it could use a bit more cinnamon.

KefkaticFanatic

Stuff like that will just slightly change texture, weight, etc.  Usually it will still end up ok, it's just that it would be better if you go along with the standard :P

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 27, 2012, 06:00:07 PMStuff like that will just slightly change texture, weight, etc.  Usually it will still end up ok, it's just that it would be better if you go along with the standard :P

Nahhhh, I'll just go against years of traditional, time-tested methods and do my own thang. :P

DrP

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 27, 2012, 03:41:58 PMYeah you're supposed to incorporate the egg(s) before the dry ingredients. That's what Good Eats taught me at least.

Edit: It wasn't affected. It still tasted like yummy deliciousness though it could use a bit more cinnamon.
Did you make snicker-doodles?

Shadoninja

Quote from: DrP on May 27, 2012, 07:50:52 PMDid you make snicker-doodles?

I dont know what a snicker-doodle is, but the comments say the recipe is similar so I guess I did.

Here's the recipe which Rutato shared with me.

K-NiGhT

Y'all needa teach me how to cook.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 27, 2012, 08:09:03 PMMeh. Not as fun xD
but...but...Good Eats....
Good Eats is the greatest cooking show that ever existed.

Ruto

You end up wasting less stuff if you have an idea of what you're doing first xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Ruto on May 27, 2012, 08:22:49 PMYou end up wasting less stuff if you have an idea of what you're doing first xD
It's not wasting. It's necessary experimentating sacrifice for science. FOOD SCIENCE!

DrP

Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 27, 2012, 08:01:08 PMY'all needa teach me how to cook.
You can read my blog!!!

Here's this wonton soup I had for dinner!

Here's some chicken salad I made last year I should make notable.

I should have a picture of the French Onion soup I made yesterday, tomorrow!!! It was delicious and it made my mom pissed since I used half the wine for it and the other half on me.