News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

Maelstrom

Oh yeah, remember that new Layton game?
It's been announced for iOS.
Not the 3DS.

edit: And 6 new Yo-Kai Watch games for iOS and the 3DS

Pit0010

yeah! I'm pretty shocked...
but the president of Level 5 also said that he would like to bring Layton 7 to Wii U...which is a plus XD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Maelstrom

The thing is, it's not even a Layton game.

SlowPokemon

It is. They announced this back in 2013, but they stated at the time that it wasn't going to feature the professor (Azran Legacy was confirmed as his last adventure). The thing I'm surprised about is that at the time they announced it for smart phones as well as 3DS, but I guess they gave up on the 3DS? Which is odd.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Its a ****ing card game. And I just happened to see a screenshot with a layton card. Idk why.

SlowPokemon

Nah the card thing is only one aspect of the game. It is a Layton game it is literally called Layton 7 and just because it isn't exactly the same formula or even similar doesn't mean it's not a Layton game?? This constant "different is bad and wrong" attitude from everyone in the gaming community is really gross how are you supposed to know this game is bad before you've even played it or seen more than a screenshot?

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 07, 2015, 11:27:57 PMNah the card thing is only one aspect of the game. It is a Layton game it is literally called Layton 7 and just because it isn't exactly the same formula or even similar doesn't mean it's not a Layton game?? This constant "different is bad and wrong" attitude from everyone in the gaming community is really gross how are you supposed to know this game is bad before you've even played it or seen more than a screenshot?
'
QuoteThere's been a change in the design of the title, with it now being functionally a card game focused around using clues and deduction to discern which guest at a party is a vampire.

SlowPokemon

Way to completely ignore my point tho

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 08, 2015, 07:49:33 AMWay to completely ignore my point tho
Because sticking names on unrelated product lines is completely acceptable.

Dude

It's a spinoff though, isn't it?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 08, 2015, 08:06:23 AMBecause sticking names on unrelated product lines is completely acceptable.

They're not "sticking names" on anything. This is developed by the same team that produced the original Professor Layton games. They're just doing something different with the series after they officially ended the old style of Layton games with Azran Legacy.

Why are you trying to argue is the real question you've never even played a layton game why do you care what they're giving us in the future if you don't even play what's already there

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on April 08, 2015, 08:11:56 AMIt's a spinoff though, isn't it?
It's called Layton 7.

All I can think of is Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
It may have been a decent game, but the branding killed it.

Olimar12345

There's trying new things, then there's being able to recognize a shitty idea.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

I'm with slow on this. So they're doing something different. Let them do what they want imo. Like Slow kinda said, Azran Legacy is supposed to be last original Layton game.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

True I would be way more excited about another classic type of game, but I don't like shunning things from one of my favorite game developers before I even try them. All of Level-5's titles I've played are really good. And Olimar you don't even like layton lmao