News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

blueflower999

PLvsAA and Miracle Mask made me tear up a little bit.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

unwound future turned my eyes to fuckin niagara falls

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on September 14, 2014, 10:24:55 AMThe only game I didn't cry at was Miracle Mask, actually.

You have no heart
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 14, 2014, 11:32:54 AMYou have no heart

I mean, it was touching, but I didn't cry. Mostly because something about the ending bothered me :P
Spoiler
I felt like Layton got completely shafted at the end, I know Henry and Angela had much importance to Randall, and it was more focused on them, but Layton shared the burden of all that trauma for years and never got to come to terms with it I felt like? If he and Randall had more a meaningful reunion in the end I might have cried...
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

truuuue okay I feel that but
Spoiler
When you realize that the game isn't about Layton and Randall as much as it is Henry and Randall then the game becomes so much more beautiful. We have this tendency to put layton and the center of everything because he's the protag, but it was actually Henry's reunion with Randall that got me to cry. And interestingly that's the only game of the series that makes me cry every time I play it.
[close]

Nebbles

Spoiler
I'll give the game that, but I dunno, I feel like Layton still burdens a lot of guilt that needs to be nullified... I guess I just feel bad for how shitty it made his life for a while that it needed some closure.
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Kman96

Spoiler
I've never cried as the result of a Layton game.
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

Pit0010

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 14, 2014, 11:31:41 AMunwound future turned my eyes to fuckin niagara falls

Literally that was me as well...I flooded my room.
Lost/unwound Future was THE layton game that I couldn't control my tears xD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Bubbles

Kman96

Quote from: Bubbles on September 15, 2014, 01:15:45 PMkman what the hell
Spoiler
Pretty sure I'm a sociopath. Not sure yet. Never been tested.
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

EFitTrainr

Spoiler
kman is the worst liar
[close]
I like food.

Kman96

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 24, 2014, 08:25:06 PM
Spoiler
kman is the worst liar
[close]
Spoiler
I don't understand with you mean. I'm speaking about my own feelings and you tell me I'm lying? Please, enlighten me of my real feelings.
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 24, 2014, 08:25:06 PM
Spoiler
kman is the worst liar
[close]

Spoiler
Quote from: shadowkirby on July 04, 2013, 12:35:43 PMI'm going to buy that book. I'll scan it for you guys.

look who's talking
[close]

Kman96

Only open this spoiler if you've (essentially) beaten PLvAA. I still have the Epilogue pt. 2, but srsly.

ALL CAPS
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. LIKE LIKE LIKE LEIK LIKE LIKE OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M LOSING MY MIND OVER HERE.

IT. JUST. KEEPS. GOING.

HEY. THIS HAPPENED. ALSO THIS. AND THIS. DID YOU FORGET THIS? THIS HAPPENED TOO.

NO WAIT, IT'S THE TRUMAN SHOW.
(That's what really made me lose my shit, when I found that out).

ALSO WAIT. BEZELLA EXISTS. NO SHE DOESN'T. YES SHE DOES. NO SHE DOESN'T. IT'S A DRAGON! QUICK, DARKLAW IS A CAT. NO, EVE IS A CAT. NO, DARKLAW IS EVE. EVE IS A CAT. DARKLAW'S NOT A CAT. HOLY SHIT DARKLAW JUST VANISHED AND WITCHES DON'T EXIST! WHAT A LOVELY ILLUSTRATION! ALSO CAPITALISM!
[close]
Sigh...my brain is exhausted.

Never before has a Layton game made me do THAT. Ever. I hope you enjoyed that. I know I did.

Say what you want, Slow, but this is my absolute favorite of the Professor Layton Franchise.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Oh I adored the game. Blueflower is the one who didn't care for it. In regard to the spoilers you're talking about:

Spoiler
I HAVE BEEN GUESSING MASS HYPNOSIS AS THE SOLUTION FOR EVERY GAME SINCE DIABOLICAL BOX AND THEY DID IT THEY FINALLY DID I WILL BE ABSOLUTELY FINE IF THEY NEVER MAKE ANY MORE GAMES BECAUSE THEY FINALLY DID MASS HYPNOSIS.
[close]

And yeah it's like the game that just won't quit, it just keeps throwing curveballs and keeps going on long after you thought it would end xD Prepare yourself, because the second part of the epilogue is even better than the first part and it might be the first Layton game to make you tear up.