News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on December 29, 2012, 02:29:41 PMI beat Miracle Mask last night, after I got it for Christmas. It was a great game, almost made me cry...

...something I notched was that it was extremely shorter than the other games in the series...either that, or the 8 chapters were much longer than those of other games.

There were seven chapters just like Diabolical Box: like last specter had the same amount as curious village and likely the sixth game will have as many as unwound future. It wasn't that much shorter--though there were far fewer puzzles than all the other games except curious village (though the daily puzzles are phenomenal)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BonusPwnage

Oh, goodness, all this talk of Professor Layton really makes me wish I had a 3ds. I can't wait to get my hands on Miracle Mask, and judging by everyone's reactions to it, it'll be worth the wait.

SlowPokemon

Is anyone else absolutely loving the daily puzzles?

BonusPwnage

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 30, 2012, 09:04:45 PMIs anyone else absolutely loving the daily puzzles?
From what my friends tell me, they're really fun!

Bubbles

Was the Eternal Diva only dubbed in the European voices? Honestly I cant stand Luke's European voice, even if it is more authentic

SlowPokemon

It's less authentic actually and very annoying. No American dub unfortunately.

Bubbles

Ugh oh well. Are there any other differences in voice actors? I know Layton is the same.

And how many chapters are in the Last Specter? Im hoping to finish it tonight but I dont want to look it up and get spoiled

SlowPokemon

Emma's different. Grosky maybe?

10 chapters, plus epilogue and prologue I think

November

Got the game and finished it. I wasn't that impressed with it in some aspects, unfortunately. I don't know if I just am getting used to the Layton-esque plots, but I knew who the Masked Gentleman was almost immediately, which left little mystery to what was happening. It also missed some sort of whoomph? I guess the game didn't really hold any danger or mystery.
And I agree, it seemed much shorter than the other games, and there were less puzzles that I got stumped on. That might be because of the episodes in the past, though - they took up time without progressing the current plot forwards.

However, the music was fantastic. I was also incredibly pleased with the 3D effects - while I didn't like them based on the trailers, they turned out fantastic and gorgeous. Exploring the areas was a joy, too! And of course, we can't forget the past events and the character design.

But oh my, that little clip after the credits had me bouncing around in my seat :D I can't wait for the next game!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: November on January 01, 2013, 07:17:50 PMI knew who the Masked Gentleman was almost immediately, which left little mystery to what was happening. It also missed some sort of whoomph? I guess the game didn't really hold any danger or mystery.

I agree, everything happening in Monte d'Or was incredibly predictable and a bit tired especially compared to the older Layton plots (particularly Last Specter). The Stansbury chapters were interesting but added little to the story other than the Randall / Henry / Angela / Alphonse character development -- the story in those chapters was already revealed to you by present-day Layton so there were very few surprises. And I hated the Akbadain Ruins level -- it was new, but very boring and repetitive. Really interrupted the flow. The plot was too Laytonesque to surprise series veterans. However, the entire last chapter was a pure delight, Layton at its best. Moved me to tears, despite the plot being a bit sappy and contrived even for Layton.

Quote from: November on January 01, 2013, 07:17:50 PMHowever, the music was fantastic.

Totally agree. I see you've read my review of the soundtrack. (My personal favorite track is "Monte d'Or: City of Miracles")

Quote from: November on January 01, 2013, 07:17:50 PMI was also incredibly pleased with the 3D effects - while I didn't like them based on the trailers, they turned out fantastic and gorgeous.

Same thoughts, I was violently against the 3D character models at first but after seeing how beautiful they looked and how gorgeous the 2D backdrops and puzzles were I really enjoyed the visual aspects. I still prefer the 2D style though. ;P

Quote from: November on January 01, 2013, 07:17:50 PMBut oh my, that little clip after the credits had me bouncing around in my seat :D I can't wait for the next game!

Crazy right?! It set the stage for what could easily be the greatest Layton caper ever!

Bubbles

How could you not cry at that ending TTATT That poor baby

Forever naming all my aquatic Pokemon after her

Bubbles

nfviafngnlkdfnfds I KNEW IT

CLARK TRITON AND DR. STAHNGUN ARE THE SAME VOICE ACTORS

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS

SlowPokemon

Actually that guy voices a ton of other characters too but he uses the EXACT SAME VOICE for those two which made it incredibly distracting.

That guy also voiced Dio in Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward, for any fans of that game.

Bubbles

The singer in the Eternal Diva sound awfully familiar too. Im thinking Mikazaki, but it may be something else

SlowPokemon

It's no one you've ever heard of (and I'm assuming you're thinking of Hayao Miyazaki, the co-founder of Studio Ghibli and director of several of their films?). It is, however, the Japanese voice of Janice.