News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

Nebbles

Put up ALL the Layton music! Seriously, it needs a section of its own and we gotta build it.

And if you tried Slow I'd love you forever ok
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Okay, I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm arranging "The One-Stop Shop" from Miracle Mask, which you probably know is the most adorable little waltz theme ever, so I think I'll try to finish that first. I doubt it will take me long. XD It actually reminds me a bit of the Swapnote theme in structure.

Yeah, we do need more Layton music on the site. :/ Hm.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Goodness, I'm listening to the arrangement now and screw studying, I wanna waltz with someone!! It's so cute!

FSM-Reapr

An experienced dance partner reporting for duty.

SlowPokemon, that arrangement is awesome. I'll play it later today. :D

SlowPokemon

Thanks!

As for "The Toy Train"... it really won't be a good piano arrangement. I figured out some of the chords, but it's too difficult a project for what it will become. I'd have to have the piano bouncing in the left hand while the right hand plays the melody, which is really quite difficult and most likely wouldn't sound as good. I think that's why I dropped that project in the first place (I had considered arranging it before).

I'm working on "Descole's Theme" instead. Sorry Nebbles!

Bubbles

Oh and I claim the Iris Music Box song. Who is Iris anyway? :P

SlowPokemon

Iris is just the name of the song. It doesn't really have a meaning. There's a full version that plays over the credits that I tried to have you listen to. :P It's so beautiful. The Japanese version has lyrics and it's even better.

Bubbles

No I heard the credits song, and it was great. I just dont think I could arrange it, so I picked the music box one. And I feel this is worthy of the english vocals, even though it isnt official. I though Iris was Sophia's alternate name or something

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 18, 2012, 05:57:27 PMThanks!

As for "The Toy Train"... it really won't be a good piano arrangement. I figured out some of the chords, but it's too difficult a project for what it will become. I'd have to have the piano bouncing in the left hand while the right hand plays the melody, which is really quite difficult and most likely wouldn't sound as good. I think that's why I dropped that project in the first place (I had considered arranging it before).

I'm working on "Descole's Theme" instead. Sorry Nebbles!

...aw ;__;

Kman96

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 18, 2012, 06:10:48 PMNo I heard the credits song, and it was great. I just dont think I could arrange it, so I picked the music box one. And I feel this is worthy of the english vocals, even though it isnt official. I though Iris was Sophia's alternate name or something

OMG THE FEELS.
Party Hard!
[close]

Bubbles

Wait a second, was Iris~Shiawase no Hako an actual song before the game came out, or did she sing it for the game specifically?

SlowPokemon

It was written for the game, like all of the Layton end themes.

Interestingly enough, though, Tomohito Nishiura (the composer for the Layton games) only wrote the credits music for one game: Curious Village ("End Theme"). This is the only credits music with no lyrics (in Japanese).

"Iris" (Diabolical Box), "Time Travel" (Unwound Future), "Paxmaveiti" (Last Specter), and "Mysterious Flower" (Miracle Mask) were all written and performed by other artists and not included on the original soundtracks, besides the Iris music box theme and Time Travel piano theme. I like all of them, Iris being my favorite and Mysterious Flower being my least favorite (Layton song of all time).

Also, I arranged Descole's Theme.

Bubbles

Thats pretty cool that they get real artists to sing songs for them :D

I have a few questions about the game that have been bugging me:
(sorry about the small font but if someone gets their game ruined by these spoilers I'd feel really bad)

If Beluga was Anton's brother, his only sibling, then how is Sammy his nephew? Does he have a wife that they never mention? He doesnt seem like the type who would be called "uncle" by a family friend, comsidering he seems to hate Sammy

Was Chelmey, Beluga, and the other people even at Folsense at all, or were they just hallucinations as well? If they were, then how did an imaginary dog rip open his pocket. If they werent there, then how did Layton's mind know what the ripped up picture looked like?

Nigel was a hallucination as well, and Im under the impression that Anton was the only actual person in the village. How did he ge food then? I doubt someone of his status would have a farm, but if he believed that Nigel was serving him dinner each night, how did he survive for 50 years on nothing?

Sorry if I ruined the game with my over analyzing :D

Bubbles

Oh and is Iris in 3/4 or 4/4 time? Im pretty sure its 4/4 but some of the measures seem weird

SlowPokemon

It's all in 4/4.
SPOILERS AHEAD.

1. Beluga likely has a wife. He and Anton have no other siblings.
2. Chelmey and Barton also hallucinated the village, but they were definitely actually there.
3. Nigel was real, he was there at the end. Some of the others in the village, like Pavel and Stahcenscarfen (and I'm assuming Joseph) were also real.