Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

blueflower999

I AM ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH  ;D

Nebbles is the greatest for LPing this! You do realise that EarthBound is Chuggaa's favorite game of all time, correct?

Also, your reaction to the Photographer. XDDD
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Yeah, I know that. Maybe he'll notice me (yeah right)

But I need to experience this greatness myself! I did watch mother 3, so it is natural to know this game...

blueflower999

Here's what I recommend: after finishing EarthBound, go back and watch Chuggaa's or NintendoCapriSun's Mother 3 LP. There are a TON of references to EarthBound in Mother 3 that you'll pick up on after you're done.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

I'm actually in the middle of NCS' Mother 3 LP...

blueflower999

How's this coming along, Nebbles?  Take my pestering as a compliment rather than me just being inpatient.  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Grinding, but I should have a new ep up tomorrow!

Nebbles

blueflower999

You've been doing a really good job so far. I'll watch this tonight when I have time!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

After watching, here are my comments/suggestions:

• Whenever you get to a new town in EarthBound, like in most RPGs, you ALWAYS want to go to the Drug Store/Department Store and buy the new equipment. The game expects you to have these items equiped for all your party members, and if you can't afford them, it's to your advantage to grind up some money until you can. Judging by your equips, I don't think you've been to the Onett Drug Store yet, and you really need to do that ASAP.
  • The entire pupose of the Rowdy Mouse is to either get a SMAAAASH!! attack, or do 1 HP (or a very little amount) of damage. So yeah.  :P
  • The Skip Sandwich is solely meant for moving faster in the overworld. Eating it during a battle does nothing. It's kinda like a run function, but with an item.
  • Another thing you want to do whenever you get to a new town is save using the payphone in a Drug Store or the black telephone in the Hotel. EVEN IF YOU ARE USING SAVE STATES, if you don't save in a new town, you'll always respawn back where you last saved if you die. And, because this is a blind run, you might die quite a bit. So make sure you save both in the game and using save states. (An exception to this is if the game respawns you in another location because of a plot detail, but this won't happen for a while)
  • The first few parts of the game tend to be the most challenging while you get used to the design of the game and the enemies. Don't worry!
  • If you like being cheap in RPGs: PK Ground. :P
Very well done! And yes, I did laugh!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

I'll keep those in mind!

My favorite part was facing Frank. "You can't throw knives at a child! That's illegal!"

blueflower999

It's in imitation of the boss fight with Teddy in Mother 1. Only, on Mother 1, in the English prototype, the knife was cropped out of his hand, so he's just clutching thin air.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Like those invisible guns, right?

I'll have to record again tonight so I can post episode 3 tomorrow.