News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Orchestral Submissions-Temporary Holding Area

Started by MaestroUGC, August 28, 2011, 12:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Thanks so much everyone!

@Brassman - I think I know what you're talking about. Sometimes the transitions to different sections of the piece are a bit abrupt, but no matter how much I experimented with the volume controls and the dynamics, I just couldn't get it quite right. I figured it wouldn't be too much of a problem though, since it's the sheet itself that's most important (this is Ninsheetmusic after all, not NinMIDImusic). I'll still try to see what I can do about the problem though, of course. Thanks for the input!

@Dudeman - Always a pleasure  ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Now presenting my latest orchestration, "Great Canyon" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team! Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Great Canyon" (Small Ensemble + Choir):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The lyrics used in the song are borrowed from ScytheRider's PMD fanfic "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Silver Resistance". I definitely recommend reading it, as it's a rare gem amongst the usually low quality fanfics out there. The words used are actually from the creedo of the resistance team that the protagonists join, which, in the author's note, is revealed to be lyrics the author wrote for the song "Great Canyon". How fitting.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

pumpy_heart

[DS] Final Fantasy III - "Town of Amur" - Thomas Wilson Midi
Leh me know what you guys think.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 22, 2011, 02:04:08 PMGreat arrangement, meh lyrics.
Hehe, thanks! I bet if you didn't give up on it Slow, you would have done just as a good a job, if not better.

In my opinion, any lyrics beat singing "Ah" the whole time any day. You kind of have to have read the fanfic where the lyrics come from to appreciate them. Still, I tried to pick the most accesible verse to use that had the most out-of-context applicability.

Bespinben

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 22, 2011, 02:45:16 PM[DS] Final Fantasy III - "Town of Amur" - Thomas Wilson Midi
Leh me know what you guys think.

This sounds more the like the original from the NES than from the DS re-arrangement. You don't have limited polyphony, so don't hesistate to add more parts, maybe even an extra instrument. You could also adjust the MIDI instruments to be solo instruments to add more vibrato and character to each of the sections. If you're satisfied with how the arrangement already is, that's fine, because it's dead-on accurate, for sure. I'm just suggesting ways to improve playback.

pumpy_heart

Midi playback is of the least concern for me. I never want to arrange for midi sound. The way game music is progressing, all games worth laying down money will have orchestral recordings. That's the goal for me.
I've played the DS game and the notes are actually the same with the old version. I didn't want a strict arrangement of the original DS version, because Flute, Guitar, and Violin doesn't seem like a easily assembled ensemble. I'm also not one to add creativity to a composer's work. I want to stick as closely to the original as possible in all my arrangements. Nobuo Uematsu created one of the most brilliant Famicon soundtracks in Final Fantasy III and I feel that any creativity towards harmony and pitch structure should be altered by only him. I'd want the same respect for my own music.
Finally, the DS version did have fewer pitches than the Famicon version and I opted for this more simplistic style to keep with the simplistic piece. It's easy to add extra voices, but the question is why? No one thinks to add lines to Bach or Beethoven. These are pieces of art as well and I try to maintain the same respect to these pieces by holding the arrangement as close to the original (in this case, DS rearranged original) as possible.

Brassman388

Quote from: Bespinben on September 22, 2011, 07:28:59 PMThis sounds more the like the original from the NES than from the DS re-arrangement. You don't have limited polyphony, so don't hesistate to add more parts, maybe even an extra instrument. You could also adjust the MIDI instruments to be solo instruments to add more vibrato and character to each of the sections. If you're satisfied with how the arrangement already is, that's fine, because it's dead-on accurate, for sure. I'm just suggesting ways to improve playback.

I think it sounds fine.

Town of Amur

:P

Bespinben

At heart, my music experience lies in choir. As tribute to that, my latest orchestration of "Mother Zone" from Megaman Legends 2 has been arranged for Harp and 4-part women's choir. The choice of song is also my own tribute to the recently cancelled Megaman Legends 3 project (I waited 10 years for this sequel CRapcom, WHY?), hopefully expressing the melancholy in my heart and my pity for the Blue Bomber still stuck on the moon. Enjoy, and everyone, please continue to make orchestrations and what not. If we can get enough high-quality arrangements prepared, Ninsheetmusic can enter into a great golden age of creative expression!

[PS1] Megaman Legends 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mother Zone" (4-Part Women's Choir + Harp):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Oh, and I need some suggestions for the arrangement also. The original is sung on "Ah", but I was thinking of possibly adding some lyrics. It doesn't have to be actual lyrics, I was thinking maybe something like a word to sing on, like "Alleluia." Thanks!

Bespinben

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
"Mt. Blaze" (Symphonic Ensemble + Choir):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I must warn that there is a problem with the repeat structures in the .mus file at the moment. I tried to create a "D.S al fine" repeat structure in the song so that way the song loops at least once like it would in the game and then ends with the ending I created. The problem is, when the playback jumps back to the "segno", it puts the repeat number on 2, so the playback ignores my first and second ending markings. If someone out there can help fix my problem, that would be awesome, because as of now, my "D.S al fine" repeat is only text. Thanks!

Brassman388

Bespinben

Thanks Clanker, Brassman :D

Hey Brass, mind helping me out with making a functional "D.S al Coda" repeat in Mt. Blaze? Much appreciated.

Brassman388

Bespinben

The "segno" is located at measure 6 and the "D.S al fine" is at measure 36. They're already in the .mus, but they're only text; they have no effect on the playback right now.