News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Never played the game, but this song... is so catchy 8)

Rayman Origins-

Lum King
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

Thanks again to Slow for the B2/W2 soundtrack, or else I never would have heard this awesome song! Does anyone know where it actually plays in the game? Is it a musical solely offered after receiving Meloetta in an event?

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2-

Musical "MELOETTAAA!"
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

Yugi

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm impressed Spit.  Five sharps... pretty intense.  I have no criticism.  That was excellent.

spitllama

Thanks TZP! Those 16th notes were not fun to figure out :(

Bring on "Battle! Colress!"
Submissions Page

SlowPokemon

It would be a BIT easier with 7 flats, but still it doesn't make a difference and good arrangement all the same.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: spitllama on January 09, 2013, 06:47:31 PMThanks TZP! Those 16th notes were not fun to figure out :(

I'M SURE.  Making me wince just thinking about it.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2013, 06:53:44 PMIt would be a BIT easier with 7 flats, but still it doesn't make a difference and good arrangement all the same.

Disagree, sorry Slow.  Five of anything is easier than seven of anything. 

spitllama

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2013, 06:53:44 PMIt would be a BIT easier with 7 flats, but still it doesn't make a difference and good arrangement all the same.

Would it be more correct in music theory to have 7 flats? If it's just a preference thing I'll probably leave it, but if it's a matter of music grammar then I'll fix it.
Submissions Page

SlowPokemon

No it makes no difference whatsoever, haha. After all, Ab minor and G# minor are the same thing in sound.

SlowPokemon

Although I must admit, I find it to be very unlikely that there isn't an easier way to notate the piece than all of those sixteenth notes in the bass clef. Seriously, do you think anyone's going to learn that song when it's that complicated?

spitllama

Lolno. But it's accurate. There's no alternative voice in the left-hand for much of the piece so it would be empty otherwise. If you mean cutting notes and changing it from 16ths to 8ths, then I guess. Certainly not ideal.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Just passing by...

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2-
Musical "MELOETTAAA!"
-Watch your layer work-don't let notes overlap with rests or other notes.
-Rewrite those consecutive dotted eighth notes.
-That last measure isn't properly notated. Change the last two notes from an eighth + dotted eighth to a sixteenth + quarter.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

Cool thanks I'll fix those. Idk why I forgot to hide the rests -.- I'm not sure I can remedy the overlapping notes though. I've got an octave in one layer and a single note in between the octave in the other layer. No stem-flipping or layer-switching can fix that as far as I'm concerned.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Well, since you're not writing choral music, which layers the notes are in doesn't matter as much. Just put the lowest voice in the lowest layer.

Even simpler solution: write it all in one layer.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon