News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Still love this piece! I only wish there was a way to imitate bass on piano ::) As always, critiques are welcomed!

Mario Superstar Baseball-

Menu Theme
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

Welp, never played the game, but here's a song. Apparently a boss theme.

Paper Mario-

Freeze! (requested by iShaade)
Original
[ZIP]

Next up is the "Overthere Shrine" from SPM
Submissions Page

Nebbles

I didn't know you were taking the Overthere Shrine. :o Thank you!! <3
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

Yes I'm taking it. Sorry, I could have worded that other post much better xD
Submissions Page

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

Thank you Olimar12345 for your help with this arrangement!

Super Paper Mario-

Overthere Shrine (requested by Nebbles)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

spitllama

Yay easy song :D

Paper Mario-

Star Spirits' Request (requested by kartiomart)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

spitllama

Submissions Page

spitllama

Meh, it's not much progress... but it's progress. First time I've had to bump this and got the "120 day notification :("

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker-

Wind Temple (solo)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

Bloop

omg wind temple.

I'm not sure why you arranged the echoes in the song. It doesn't sound that well on a piano, and reading it is a hell. It also makes the sheet pretty messy.
By the way, I believe the notes of the strings are F - F - Gb and F - F - F. I'm not sure though. The trills don't sound that good either, but I don't know what else to do about it.

Bar 1/4: There's a pianissimo in bar 1, but a (hidden) piano in bar 4. I guess that the pianissimo was meant to be a piano.
Bar 4: I think a ottava marking in this bar would make it easier to read.
Bar 13: Is it possible to play that first note? I don't have hands that big. I should put the bottom F an octave higher. Probably also do this with the other bars like this one.
Bar 35: A wild Forte appeared!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2012, 05:43:16 AMBar 13: Is it possible to play that first note? I don't have hands that big. I should put the bottom F an octave higher. Probably also do this with the other bars like this one.

I disagree.  10th intervals are challenging to hit, but I see them all the time.  It's fine.

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2012, 05:43:16 AMBar 35: A wild Forte appeared!

lol XD

EDIT:  I also feel like all melody should be an octave higher.  More tinkly.

spitllama

Wooo feedback! Thanks Bloop!

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2012, 05:43:16 AMI'm not sure why you arranged the echoes in the song. It doesn't sound that well on a piano, and reading it is a hell. It also makes the sheet pretty messy.
I feel like the echoes are really necessary :/ But, if it would make things clearer, I could move the echo into another layer. What do you think?

QuoteBy the way, I believe the notes of the strings are F - F - Gb and F - F - F.
Wait what section are we talking about?

QuoteBar 1/4: There's a pianissimo in bar 1, but a (hidden) piano in bar 4. I guess that the pianissimo was meant to be a piano.
The hidden piano is just for playback sake-- the left hand gets drowned out without the hidden piano, but on the same channel, the left hand is too loud

QuoteBar 4: I think a ottava marking in this bar would make it easier to read.
Sure I'll put that in. I actually started with an 8va here, but Bespinben, Slow, and Shado said that three ledger lines is not worth worrying about.

QuoteBar 13: Is it possible to play that first note?
Yep! I tried it before-hand. I also justified it with the fact that Bespinben uses these intervals in his arrangements.

QuoteBar 35: A wild Forte appeared!
xD Oops. Muchas gracias

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 30, 2012, 11:56:08 AMEDIT:  I also feel like all melody should be an octave higher.  More tinkly.

You're absolutely right! :o
Submissions Page

Bloop

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:36:48 PMI feel like the echoes are really necessary :/ But, if it would make things clearer, I could move the echo into another layer. What do you think?
Maybe that's a solution, but it still would be pretty weird to play.

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:36:48 PMWait what section are we talking about?
The one with the trill strings.

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:36:48 PMThe hidden piano is just for playback sake-- the left hand gets drowned out without the hidden piano, but on the same channel, the left hand is too loud
I meant that it's a hidden pianissimo, and not a piano. Doesn't that make it softer?

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:36:48 PMSure I'll put that in. I actually started with an 8va here, but Bespinben, Slow, and Shado said that three ledger lines is not worth worrying about.
I just start worrying about the F.

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:36:48 PMYep! I tried it before-hand. I also justified it with the fact that Bespinben uses these intervals in his arrangements.
Oh. Alright.

spitllama

.-. I'm looking at it and it's a hidden piano on measure 5, not pianissimo. The visible pianissimo for measures 1-4 is intentional.

And okay I'll fix the rest! Thanks.
Submissions Page

Bloop

Quote from: spitllama on December 30, 2012, 03:52:22 PM.-. I'm looking at it and it's a hidden piano on measure 5, not pianissimo. The visible pianissimo for measures 1-4 is intentional.
Oh, I didn't open the sheet and I thought that the pianissimo was hidden. I didn't knew if the pianissimo was intentional or not, so I pointed it out.