Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

Submissions Page

pumpy_heart

Literally, everything before measure 79 should not be an F natural. There should only be E#s and F#s. Piano 1 measure 29-30, Piano 2 53-54, Piano 2 69, and Piano 2 77-78.
The strings change notes in measure 3 in piano 1, but some also stay on the original F#.
Any collision made by dynamic markings or stylistic markings should be corrected. Measure 11-12 look rough, as well as 13-14, 60
I think you can kick the dynamics down in measure 13 for a larger contrast. Almost a mp-ff crescendo. Also, D comes in on measure 12 and 14 in the bass. Will help your crescendo out as well as reflect the original better.
In measure 32, to my ear, the rhythm by the trumpets is 2 sixteenths, then an eighth instead of a triplet. And that happens throughout the piece. They also move up on the eighth note following.
I could follow the syncopation occurring in the bass over beat 3 thus far, but when the bass melody arrives in measure 47 in bass of piano 1, clearer rhythmic notation is necessary. Use quarter rest, quarter note tied to eighth, then dotted quarter would be fine. This occurs again in measure 51. A similar thing occurs in measure 55. Group the 4 eighth notes together, with the last one tied to a half note. Show the third beat in measure 58. Measure 107, 111, 115.

From measure 79 on, use C naturals, Bb, G#, and F# wherever they naturally occur and nothing else. The lowest note in the bass in measure 79 should be an A. The bass should be an F natural in 101-102
Use Bb near the end, as well as C#. You could spell the C natural on the downbeat of 126 as B# to show the change clearer.
I don't see any reason for 4 dotted eighths next to each other in the next to last measure. You could either make it a 5/4 bar with 4 quarters or a fermata over every note. Both are played the same way in the recording.

Shit. That was a lot. I'm sorry. The arrangement is good, seriously. All this is just nitpicky shit. Sorry again.

spitllama

D: I have some learning left to do.

I will fix these in a couple days.
Submissions Page

spitllama

This has been sitting around for a while. Finally got around to posting it. I decided to do a solo and 2 piano for this one. Also, Deku informed me these 25th Anniversary songs can't be accepted onto the site, which makes me sad :( Anyhow, voila.

The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary-

Kakariko Village (2 pianos) (requested by Meta-Ridley)
Original
[ZIP]

Kakariko Village (solo) (requested by Meta-Ridley)
Original
[ZIP]

EDIT: Gerudo Valley has also been fixed to include Pumpy's fixes
Submissions Page

spitllama

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker-

Wind Temple (2 pianos)
Original
[ZIP]

Very... odd tune. Lots of dissonance. I'll probably do the solo soon. 2 pianos is just so much easier xD
Submissions Page

spitllama

Me tinks this be much better than the one on the site. Hope you agree!

Phantom Ganon (replacement)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

Eeko

I like the Phantom Ganon, but wouldn't it make more sense for all those glissando's to be grace notes?
Since most don't glissando more than a few notes, and glissando-ing a chord is pretty hard.

spitllama

I suppose you're right. I'll limit the glissando to the part of the chord that's the melody. Thanks for pointing that out.
Submissions Page

spitllama

I love that they put this song in Brawl!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl-

Boss Theme Medley
Original
[ZIP]

Phantom Ganon has also been fixed :)
Submissions Page

Jompa

I just have to say that it is somewhat extremely awesome! goodlike
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Submissions Page

spitllama

Radiant Historia-

Where the Wind and Feathers Return (requested by Roz~)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

Jub3r7

This sounds really nice. And if anybody's wondering, I'm finally checking 4 pages of unread replies after a month or something.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Submissions Page