News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Random/Interesting fact about yourself

Started by triforced1, August 16, 2011, 08:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

I see no reason to hate/avoid a person based on sexuality.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on August 27, 2011, 05:59:36 PMi'm a christian too...i'm still trying to figure out where i stand on this whole gay debate...but all i know is that we should love everyone the same no matter who they are...
Quote from: triforced1 on August 27, 2011, 06:03:34 PMYeah, that's the point I was trying to get across.
The Bible does teach Christians to love everyone, because everyone is created in God's image and we must abide by that. This is why we sand firm contre abortion and we REALLY should accept gays, however its blown out of proportion BECAUSE of the marriage issue. If that wasn't the case, then it should be no problem.

ETFROXX

Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on August 27, 2011, 05:59:36 PMi'm a christian too...i'm still trying to figure out where i stand on this whole gay debate...but all i know is that we should love everyone the same no matter who they are...

I disagree. I hate idiots.

triforced1

Hey, you can believe what you want. So that's what we're doing.

SuperFireKirby

Out of all the posts in here about gays, this is the one statement that truely caught my eye.
Quote from: DrP on August 27, 2011, 05:19:26 PMRick Perry 2012!
I do believe you mean Rick Parry, sir. The ad funded by the Colbert Super Pac spells it in such a manner, and Mr. Colbert is always correct.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Legos

I'm Christian, first of all. I LOVE gays with all my heart but my family, eee, not too much.

The Bible DOES say "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." (Leviticus 18:22) and it DOES say "The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses." (Deuteronomy 14:8 ) as well.

Everyone eats pork. Nobody sees it as wrong. Why should gays be wrong too? They're just people.

The Anti-Gay thing really gets on my bad side.

triforced1

Have any of you heard of Westboro Baptist Church? They really piss me off. They're all saying "God hates fags" and bullshit like that.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: triforced1 on August 27, 2011, 08:07:14 PMHave any of you heard of Westboro Baptist Church? They really piss me off. They're all saying "God hates fags" and bullshit like that.
Anon hacked they're website once. It pleased me.

...Actually, is it still down? I can't seem to connect. Not that it really matters anyway. XD

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: triforced1 on August 27, 2011, 08:07:14 PMHave any of you heard of Westboro Baptist Church? They really piss me off. They're all saying "God hates fags" and bullshit like that.
Following their logic, God Hates people who eat shellfish. He also hate people who plant two kinds of cops in the same field. And people who wear two different kinds of fabric in their clothing. And people who's hair isn't at least should length.

SO IN OTHER WORDS, WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Saria

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 27, 2011, 08:13:49 PMFollowing their logic, God Hates people who eat shellfish. He also hate people who plant two kinds of cops in the same field. And people who wear two different kinds of fabric in their clothing. And people who's hair isn't at least should length.

SO IN OTHER WORDS, WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lol'd.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

triforced1

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 27, 2011, 08:13:49 PMFollowing their logic, God Hates people who eat shellfish. He also hate people who plant two kinds of cops in the same field. And people who wear two different kinds of fabric in their clothing. And people who's hair isn't at least should length.

OH NO I LOVE LOBSTER

Ruto

Someone posted this in Yahoo a while back. Linking it because it could possibly offend someone. But it's what you all said already xD

http://tinypic.com/r/hskwav/7
http://tinypic.com/r/av4gfa/7

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Well, what truly makes people Christian is the REJECTION of the Old Testament ways. That's what Jesus taught in the New Testament. He didn't mind that if we ate pigs or shellfish, had to clean special ways for mildew or dress or appear a certain way with hair or even circumcision. After Jesus began to go AGAINST Old Testament (or Jew Bible) ways, he set out new doctrines that can be found riddled throughout the Gospel and the Paulentine Epistles (and the Ecumenical Councils). However, homosexuality is reiterated in 1st Corinthians 6:9 (hahaha) and 1st Timothy 1:10. Now if you're Jewish, you believe in all the things in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy to heart and those are laws you must follow.

Now if we fast-forward to Vatican II. The Catholic Church updated their CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church) to accept homosexuality. If you speak to a Catholic, they're all for it. However, if one "acts" on homosexual feelings, that is a sin. Meaning, one cannot pursue a relationship or anything of that sort. That's why some of them become priests.

Basically the christian belief in the Old Testament provides a foundation for what the real teachings are based on in the New Testament, providing a lineage for Jesus (which is summed up in Matthew 1) and providing history through God's Holy Writers as they passed through the book through the ages. It ended up being like the telephone game and in the end, the stories in the Old Testament remain inconsistent with other things written and went all screwy (and all that other stuff that goes along with it).

triforced1