News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

How to upload to mediafire?

Started by spitllama, August 15, 2011, 01:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I can't figure out how to copy my file. I've registered and I keep dragging the file into the "upload" box but it keeps saying it's an empty file. Ideas?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

I do it the old fashioned way.

I add the file by pressing "add files" and then finding it via the file path (or like opening a program in almost anything)

spitllama

It's still not recognizing it. Usually what I'd do is go into "open" in Finale and drag it. It would recognize the name of the file but say there's nothing in it. If I go the "browse" route, the file isn't even available to be clicked on from its usual location.
Submissions Page

Brassman388

It's most likely your internet browser.

spitllama

It's not the internet cause even when I do a search for the file- automatically/manually just on the computer, it's not where I saved it to on Finale. So pretty much at this point I can only open the file (this is Finale 2011 portable btw). It says it's a .MUS file so I can't figure it out :-\
Submissions Page

fingerz

You could always use what WarioMan and I use. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

I ended up getting it, but what do you guys use?

EDIT: Oh the ZIP. I actually have that option downloaded and available. But I guess I just didn't know how to move it to there.
Submissions Page

Brassman388

Quote from: spitllama on August 15, 2011, 04:18:47 PMIt's not the internet cause even when I do a search for the file- automatically/manually just on the computer, it's not where I saved it to on Finale. So pretty much at this point I can only open the file (this is Finale 2011 portable btw). It says it's a .MUS file so I can't figure it out :-\

Open Finale, when you save it, put "Save file As". It should work.

Or export it to a XML file.

fingerz

We use my Wikidot site. That's why when you download one of our arrangements it's insta! ;D
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

O_O That would be super helpful. But I'll probably wait till my arrangements are at least decent before I start tossing them onto your site :P
Submissions Page

fingerz

Oh, you can do it straight away. It's easy to upload and edit files. :)
Just give me the word and I'll set up a page for you. :D

spitllama

Ok when this is finalized I will. Thanks.
Submissions Page

fingerz

Okay! Here's the link for your page: http://marioandluigi.wikidot.com/spitllama
Just create an account and I'll send you an invitation to the site so you can upload your files. :D

spitllama

Submissions Page

fingerz

Cool, your page is ready to be used. ;D