Quick arranging question!

Started by Bespinben, August 14, 2011, 09:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I am currently in the process of making a two piano arrangement of the "Ending Credits" from Pokémon Black and White, and I had a certain question about how I should present a certain musical phrase. Please compare the treble line in the first piano in the following two PDFs:

Version 1: [PDF]
Version 2: [PDF]
Sample MIDI of Work-in-Progress: [MIDI]

You will notice that in version 1, the rhythm of the treble line has been specified using sextuplets, whereas in version 2, that same rhythm has been specified using triplets. I was unsure whether to use the former or the latter, because on one hand, I felt using sextuplets helped elongate the phrase, yet on the other, I felt using triplets would ensure easier sight-reading. I would like to inquire of the Ninsheetmusic community's opinion on this matter. Thank you!

P.S. Please ignore the note overlap between the left hand and right hand in the first piano. I will fix that latter. This is a work-in-progress after all.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

Proper writing would mean using the triplets, sextuplets are only used for sixteenths and smaller rhythms or eights in cut time. And judging by the way it looks (can't be bothered to listen to the midi) cut time might be more appropriate, or at least indicate in the tempo marking to play it "In two". Actually, do the latter.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bespinben

Thanks, big help! I have no formal education in music so your input is very much appreciated.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday