News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Super Mario Polls!

Started by Ragster2448, August 04, 2011, 10:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote on your favorite Super Mario characters, games, items, and more!

Bob-Omb Battlefield
12 (37.5%)
Whomp's Fortress
3 (9.4%)
Jolly Roger Bay
0 (0%)
Cool, Cool Mountain
3 (9.4%)
Big Boo's Haunt
5 (15.6%)
Hazy Maze Cave
1 (3.1%)
Lethal Lava Land
1 (3.1%)
Shifting Sand Land
0 (0%)
Dire, Dire Docks
1 (3.1%)
Snowman's Land
0 (0%)
Wet-Dry World
0 (0%)
Tall Tall Mountain
1 (3.1%)
Tiny-Huge Island
1 (3.1%)
Tick-Tock Clock
2 (6.3%)
Rainbow Ride
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

dahans

I have to go with Lethal Lava Land. I have always loved this level, especially as a kid. I am gonna play it NOW... :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

spitllama

Whomp's fortress is so much fun
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

I love all of them sooo much! But probably Big Boo's Haunt is my favorite, it definitely was as a kid
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

Hazy Maze Cave has one of my favorite remixes of the classic SMB underground theme. :D

fingerz

Has to be Bomb-omb Battlefield. I've never played any of this game but that level. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Alakazam

yeah, for sure it is bomb-omb battlefield. It has always been my favorite level just to mess around.

Nebbles

Bomb-Omb battlefield. It's my go-to level when I need a break from the harder ones.

FUCK YOU TICK TOCK CLOCK AND RAINBOW RIDE
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pit0010

Bob-Omb Battlefield FTW!!!

i actually didnt like rainbow ride...maybe coz i didnt like the constant camera angle movements or i just suck in tat stage...xD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

SlowPokemon

They're just all so amazing. Of course at this point I could probably do Bob-Omb Battlefield blindfolded (besides that fucking level with the cannon and the five secret rings...)

Nebbles

Eff those five secret rings, oh my god. D:
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Cobraroll

They're all quite awesome, I must say.

Really hard to pick a favourite. Among others, Shifting Sand Land deserves a mention. I really can't put the finger on what's good it it, but I guess it's got something to do with the simplicity of the level layout, the intriguing pyramid, or that little pond with the palm trees.

Big Boo's Haunt is also cool. I remember exploring that spooky manor for the first time, finally figuring out how to wall-jump up to the attic, or hearing the merry go-round music for the first time.

Hazy Maze Cave... the place just seems so big. It has really great atmosphere, that level. From the Lapras thingy swimming in the hidden lake, to the bugs jumping around. The poisonous cave. Rolling boulders. It's obvious that we're somewhere underground under or behind the castle. Is this Peach's private mine?

Who can forget Jolly Roger Bay? One of the most beautiful pieces of video game music ever, the gloomy lagoon with all the underwater secrets, the terrifying eel...

Tall, Tall Mountain should also be mentioned. It's a mountain. Period. Apart from some weird mushrooms, there is nothing else there. It has a river running from the top to the bottom, some enemies scattered about, a secret slide, and that's it. It doesn't need to do more than that. No back story, no quirky inhabitants, or any plot significance whatsoever. It's generally awesome in its simplicity.

Wet-Dry world as well... who built it? There is a huge city in the background. Where is that? Why is there nobody around? What is that little town supposed to be? Is this a post-apocalyptic future? Or ruins of a mysterious civilization? A parallel dimension? Where does all the water come from? Where does all the water go? The Wet-Dry World guards its secrets well.

Tiny-Huge Island is just fun. Whether it's being chased by Piranha Plants the size of oak trees (or is that Mario being very small?), or kicking Goombas no bigger than teacups around, or just braving the mountain, it's a cool level.

Also, toying around with cannons and the Wing Cap in Bob-omb Battlefield is one of my best video game memories ever. The freedom to roam around is one of the things I miss the most in the Galaxy games, and the one thing I praise the most in Super Mario Sunshine.

For me, Super Mario 64 was percieved through the eyes of a child, and seasoned with nostalgia as I grew. For younger people, who are used to better graphics, more interactivity and a more intriguing story, it might not seem as impressive. But in my time, it was flat-out awesome. Games aren't about what buttons you press, or what you see on the screen, it's about how you play it. The tiny details your mind makes up as you play. The memories of it later on. Seeing beyond the possibilities of the game, imagining yourself in the hero's place. Super Mario 64 is in an almost perfect balance between appealing graphics and gameplay on screen, and giving you room to fill out in your mind. Very, very few games manage this as well as good ol' SM64.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FluteNinja

Ahhh Bob-omb Battlefield.  I love the music and to just run around and do random crap :D
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

DonValentino

I love the boo mansion! Kinda reminds me of Luigi's Mansion now.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 20, 2012, 03:56:02 AMThey're all quite awesome, I must say.

Really hard to pick a favourite. Among others, Shifting Sand Land deserves a mention. I really can't put the finger on what's good it it, but I guess it's got something to do with the simplicity of the level layout, the intriguing pyramid, or that little pond with the palm trees.

Big Boo's Haunt is also cool. I remember exploring that spooky manor for the first time, finally figuring out how to wall-jump up to the attic, or hearing the merry go-round music for the first time.

Hazy Maze Cave... the place just seems so big. It has really great atmosphere, that level. From the Lapras thingy swimming in the hidden lake, to the bugs jumping around. The poisonous cave. Rolling boulders. It's obvious that we're somewhere underground under or behind the castle. Is this Peach's private mine?

Who can forget Jolly Roger Bay? One of the most beautiful pieces of video game music ever, the gloomy lagoon with all the underwater secrets, the terrifying eel...

Tall, Tall Mountain should also be mentioned. It's a mountain. Period. Apart from some weird mushrooms, there is nothing else there. It has a river running from the top to the bottom, some enemies scattered about, a secret slide, and that's it. It doesn't need to do more than that. No back story, no quirky inhabitants, or any plot significance whatsoever. It's generally awesome in its simplicity.

Wet-Dry world as well... who built it? There is a huge city in the background. Where is that? Why is there nobody around? What is that little town supposed to be? Is this a post-apocalyptic future? Or ruins of a mysterious civilization? A parallel dimension? Where does all the water come from? Where does all the water go? The Wet-Dry World guards its secrets well.

Tiny-Huge Island is just fun. Whether it's being chased by Piranha Plants the size of oak trees (or is that Mario being very small?), or kicking Goombas no bigger than teacups around, or just braving the mountain, it's a cool level.

Also, toying around with cannons and the Wing Cap in Bob-omb Battlefield is one of my best video game memories ever. The freedom to roam around is one of the things I miss the most in the Galaxy games, and the one thing I praise the most in Super Mario Sunshine.

For me, Super Mario 64 was percieved through the eyes of a child, and seasoned with nostalgia as I grew. For younger people, who are used to better graphics, more interactivity and a more intriguing story, it might not seem as impressive. But in my time, it was flat-out awesome. Games aren't about what buttons you press, or what you see on the screen, it's about how you play it. The tiny details your mind makes up as you play. The memories of it later on. Seeing beyond the possibilities of the game, imagining yourself in the hero's place. Super Mario 64 is in an almost perfect balance between appealing graphics and gameplay on screen, and giving you room to fill out in your mind. Very, very few games manage this as well as good ol' SM64.
That was quite poetic.

SlowPokemon

Cobraroll does that. ^_^