News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

MuseScore Help

Started by Oritendo, August 01, 2011, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

A metronome is a device that keeps time, usually used when arranging, composing, or simply learning a new piece. It's this. You know?

And why would you need to put that INTO an arrangement?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

I think he means a metronome marking. Anyways, click on the first note or rest in the right hand of the first measure, then click "Create->Text->Tempo...", select the appropriate word (there are default metronome speeds for each one, select the one that's closest to the speed you want), change the speed below it so that it is correct, then hit "OK".

Wow. All of a sudden, I feel like I'm a MuseScore guru or something.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

spitllama

Quote from: Dudeman on August 03, 2011, 07:38:18 PMI think he means a metronome marking. Anyways, click on the first note or rest in the right hand of the first measure, then click "Create->Text->Tempo...", select the appropriate word (there are default metronome speeds for each one, select the one that's closest to the speed you want), change the speed below it so that it is correct, then hit "OK".

*claps in a classy manner*

EDIT: That was not sarcastic btw haha. How long have you been arranging?
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Me? Since about mid-May.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

spitllama

How did you teach yourself?
Submissions Page

Dudeman

My mom downloaded it, used it a teeny-tiny bit, showed me the basics, and then I just hit F1 whenever I didn't know how to do something. :P

spitllama

Well less the use of the site. Rather the methods of actually transcribing- hearing notes and placing them on the paper.
Submissions Page

Dudeman

It's a special ability some people are gifted with called "perfect pitch." Ever heard of it?

spitllama

Well yah but that's rare only dudeman has tha-

Oh nvm :D Seriously forgot about that.
Submissions Page

Oritendo

Quote from: Dudeman on August 03, 2011, 07:38:18 PMI think he means a metronome marking. Anyways, click on the first note or rest in the right hand of the first measure, then click "Create->Text->Tempo...", select the appropriate word (there are default metronome speeds for each one, select the one that's closest to the speed you want), change the speed below it so that it is correct, then hit "OK".

cool, thanks for everything dudeman! I feel more confident with MuseScore now.

Well, you have been acting like a teacher. might as well make tutorials on youtube or something.