News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

MuseScore Help

Started by Oritendo, August 01, 2011, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oritendo

A topic for those who use MuseScore and need help from others.

I got a question:

How come I can only do 12 bar things and then they wont let me do the arrangement any longer? (did that make sense?)

Brassman388

Are you using a free trial?

Dudeman

You can add more. Just hit ctrl+shift+b or click "Measures->Append Measures" in the create tab.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oritendo

thanks dudeman!!  ;) yes brassman, I am using the free version.

WiiMan96

The full version of MuseScore is free, right?

Oritendo

WiiMan96

Coolbeans, I'll try it out sometime.

Oritendo

I have another question: OK, thanks for telling me how to add those bar things, but what if I have too many, how do I delete them?

Dudeman

Simply select the measures you wish to delete and hit the "delete" button.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oritendo

how do I select it, and wheres the delet button? ADD: BTW thanks for replying fast!

Dudeman

Click on the first measure that you want to delete (it needs to be in treble clef), then shift+click on the last measure you want to delete (it needs to be in base clef). The delete button should be on the right side of the keyboard, next to the letters, numbers, and symbols.

Oritendo

Quote from: Dudeman on August 03, 2011, 10:21:07 AMClick on the first measure that you want to delete (it needs to be in treble clef), then shift+click on the last measure you want to delete (it needs to be in base clef). The delete button should be on the right side of the keyboard, next to the letters, numbers, and symbols.

so i've done whats in bold, but what keys are next to the delet button?

Dudeman

The section of keys that delete is in looks like this:
 _____  _____ ______
|Insert|Home |Page   |
|_____|_____|Up____|
|Delete| End |Page    |
|______|____|Down__|

Oritendo

oh, I got it, thanks a lot!  :)

Oritendo

excuse me for double posting.

Anyways, can someone explain what a metronome is, and how to put it in an arrangement/composition with MuseScore? Thanks!