News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Arranger Confusion?

Started by ParkerWinters, July 30, 2011, 12:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkerWinters

Well... I was looking through the Legend of Zelda section of sheet music (in the Ocarina of Time subsection, specifically), and clicked on "Minigame," which the site said was arranged by G-Han, an arranger whom I have found to be rather reliable in providing high-quality sheet music. Once I opened the file, I quickly realized that the text on the sheet music said it was arranged by DoKoCo. (Not to be malicious, but, in my opinion, DoKoCo's arrangements are not very well put together in comparison to most others that I have seen.) So I proceeded to open up some other .mus files that the site said were arranged by G-Han, and discovered that several others were actually arranged by DoKoCo, as well.

The files are these:
"Spirit Temple"
"Minigame"
"Kakariko Village"
"Kaepora Gaebora"
"Gerudo Valley"
"Escape"

I haven't checked to see if anymore arrangements that were allegedly written out by G-Han have, in reality, been written out by DoKoCo, but I am somewhat disappointed about the ones that have been falsely labeled. If someone could help with this, or explain what has happened then I would me much obliged.

Shadoninja

if I remember correctly, DoKoCo is G-Han's old internet alias. I could be wrong though.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

DoKoCo is G Han, other arrangers are the same thing. Ex. My name is Jordan Knapp, and it is usually marked that on the sheet but occasionally a mod will put it on the site as SlowPokemon even though the sheet says Jordan Knapp. They are synonymous.

G-Han probably just didn't want to change the arranger name on his old sheets when submitting them here.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

Yeah, DoKoCo = G-Han

Also the arrangements marked as DoKoCo are older than the ones with G-Han, so the quality is a bit worse, considering that G-Han's first arrangements are from 2004.

Dude

Yeah, what Mario-90 JaMaHa said.

Jamaha

ParkerWinters

Well, that certainly solves my problem, then!

Thanks for the help, guys!