News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Phobias...

Started by SlowPokemon, July 29, 2011, 04:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Trains

I'm afraid of that brain eating fungus in ants and other insects. The one that controls their minds and makes them climb up to a high place and then kills them while they're there, grows out of their head and releases spores to infect more insects around. I know it most likely won't happen to humans, and if it did, we would probably be able to figure it out and counteract it before it infected too many, but I still get jittery whenever I think about it.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Bubbles

I'm afraid of the inside of my bellybutton. Not bellybuttons in general, just the inside of my own. What's in there???

edit: apparently I already ranted about spines in this topic lmao

Maelstrom

Not sure if I said it before, but I met someone who was absolutely terrified of walnuts. He had recurring nightmares involving them.

Hero of Trains

My friend hates squirrels with a passion. Whenever anyone says that they like squirrels, she says this "You're just mistaking your inner hatred for squirrels for liking them."   I don't know why.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

braix

Squirrels are a freaking abomination
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 24, 2015, 04:32:35 PMHeights: Not afraid of at all especially if there are fences/walls or other stuff, maybe if you look down, but why do that if you're afraid of it?
Looking down is probably an instinct much like that jumping sensation that Capn' Sparrow be referrin' to.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dudeman

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 24, 2015, 04:55:53 PMI'm afraid of that brain eating fungus in ants and other insects. The one that controls their minds and makes them climb up to a high place and then kills them while they're there, grows out of their head and releases spores to infect more insects around. I know it most likely won't happen to humans, and if it did, we would probably be able to figure it out and counteract it before it infected too many, but I still get jittery whenever I think about it.
Fun fact: this is the fungus that The Last of Us's infection was based on.

Anyways, I have a debilitating fear of spiders, but who doesn't amirite
and here come all the spider lovers to contradict me
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Hero of Trains

I'm cool with spiders. They eat mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are evil.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 25, 2015, 05:14:15 PMI'm cool with spiders. They eat mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are evil.

That's what I use to think: more spiders and birds -> less insects like flies/mosquitoes.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

thinking about them in the abstract disgusts me but looking at a spider irl is fascinating
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 25, 2015, 06:05:08 PMthinking about them in the abstract disgusts me but looking at a spider irl is fascinating

Y, the only thing I find creepy about them is that: if I look at a lot of pictures of spiders for a while. It feels like branches, and other things that have somewhat similar shape to spiders, start look like like spiders at first glance. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

i have a phobia of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of my mouth and not being able to get it unstuck
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Arachibutyrophobia?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 24, 2015, 04:55:53 PMI'm afraid of that brain eating fungus in ants and other insects. The one that controls their minds and makes them climb up to a high place and then kills them while they're there, grows out of their head and releases spores to infect more insects around. I know it most likely won't happen to humans, and if it did, we would probably be able to figure it out and counteract it before it infected too many, but I still get jittery whenever I think about it.
Toad ;)

braix