News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Phobias...

Started by SlowPokemon, July 29, 2011, 04:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

I would like to bring this topic back from the dead.

My real life phobias/phobias that could happen in real life.
1. Claustrophobia. I'm highly claustrophobic.....except for Elevators. The ONLY tight space I don't mind.
Just imagine being buried.....ALIVE!
2. Bees, wasps, hornets etc. My greatest nightmare is getting killed/stung to death by bees.
3. Snakes. I hate snakes. They creep me way out.
4. Blood. Probably my worst fear is blood. Not blood itself, but bleeding to death or getting stabbed/shot/ etc.....
5. Drowning.
6. Dying alone

Here is my list of fictional phobias (things that couldn't happen).
1. Zombies. I'm actually pretty afraid of zombies.....if they were real. Especially the ones from World War Z.....
2. The Borg. A fictional enemy much like zombies, but 10 times scarier.
3. Switching bodies with someone else. This is another great nightmare of mine.

Hope you enjoyed :P

braix

I have triphobia and that's pretty much it. Oh and also drowning; I can't swim.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

What's triphobia?

Mine: Burning to death. And yes, even more so, dying alone. Less importantly, losing my 3DS/games with my 2,300 Pokemon, some of which I've had for 10+ years.

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 21, 2015, 08:49:12 PM3. Switching bodies with someone else. This is another great nightmare of mine.
This actually sounds like fun to me!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

Anything involving my back or spine, holy christ. I've already decided to not have biological children (the birth painkiller is injected through your spine) and spinal taps are literally my worst nightmare. This is all either very ironic or stemmed from the fact that I have scoliosis >.>

Once one of my teachers was talking about her time in the hospital and how she had to have daily spinal taps and I actually almost passed out right there in class

Saria

Quote from: Latios212 on March 21, 2015, 09:27:18 PMWhat's triphobia?
I think he means trypophobia, it means a fear of irregular patterns of holes. I have that too.

Ok I tried to google a pic to post what I mean but I got freaked the hell out. Look it up yourself eheheh.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

mikey

it's really weird
I have a fear of falling
but no fear of heights whatsoever
unmotivated

Yugi

Quote from: Latios212 on March 21, 2015, 09:27:18 PMWhat's triphobia?
"the fear of the threesomes.
Phil didn't want to have sex with the two blondes because he is suffering from triphobia."

(source: urban dictionary)

AwesomeYears

Quote from: Yugi on March 21, 2015, 10:16:05 PM"the fear of the threesomes.
Phil didn't want to have sex with the two blondes because he is suffering from triphobia."

Kids, this is wht Urban Dictionary is blocked at high schools!

Nebbles

Needles, mostly when my blood is drawn. I had to get blood work a while ago and I nearly had an anxiety attack after that, that was fuuuuuun.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Saria

Quote from: Yugi on March 21, 2015, 10:16:05 PM"the fear of the threesomes.

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 06, 2015, 03:04:09 PMMine is the fear of small clusterred holes.

Prettttttty sure he means trypophobia ok.

By the way we had this phobia talk in the rant thread a few weeks ago lol.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Yugi

nah i'm pretty sure he's scared of threesomes

Braixen, are you scared of threesomes?

the_last_sheikah

For me, I wouldn't call them phobias, rather severe aversions.  Heights and falling freak me out a bit, but not cripplingly, just kinda nervous.  Crowds and loud noises make me incredibly uncomfortable, basically I'd start having a panic attack if I were to spend too much time in a club.

I do have one actual phobia, pain.  I. DO NOT. CAN NOT! Handle the sight, or even thought, of pain.  I don't mean emotional, that can be fun to watch *grins evilly*, I mean cutting, breaking, stabbing, and good lord I'm cringing just typing this!  I just...if I can visualize it happening to me, I freak out.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

InsigTurtle

I've always had this fear of dying in a volcano/lava.

Also, having anything being located too close to my throat. Even things like scarves. I guess it's like a combination of the fear of being choked and the somewhat rational fear of having your throat slit open.

Waddle Bro

A massive fucking case of dermatopathophobia and trypophobia

Bloop

I think I don't have any real phobias. I'm usually just scared for stuff. Like I hate spiders but I don't mind seeing them on a screen. Maybe I'm a bit claustrophobic.

wait i actually am deathly afraid of death (no pun intended) and everything that's got something to do with it.