General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

^Yeah, I'd prefer waiting if it means the game will be better off. Does kind of leave Nintendo dry this holiday season, with the exception of the remaining amiibo which aren't games : /

Also, here's an article about it's delay:

http://www.destructoid.com/star-fox-zero-has-been-delayed-until-2016-311336.phtml
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on September 18, 2015, 08:04:04 AMWell Star Fox Zero (Wii U's only major holiday game for the year) got delayed to 2016, adding to yet another of Miyamoto's many dumb mistakes. Now there's nothing major coming out this holiday for the Wii U, which is incredibly frustrating since first they made the dumb choice to delay Zelda earlier this year, and now Star Fox to a period where the series is guaranteed to stay dead when it could have finally earned a chance to shine. Hope you like your Mario Party clone, and Mario Tennis HD!

Stupid things like this is why Miyamoto needs to retire right now, and let someone better take his place. From Paper Mario being butchered, NSMB being created, to F-Zero getting abandoned in favor of stupid Mario Kart, I'm surprised that it seems I'm the only one who thinks he has lost his ability of greatness as he got older...

Honestly While Super Mario Maker is great it should have been loser to the holidays for better sales. NOA did a good thing making Yoshi's wooly world a fall release, but there's nothing for November. Xenoblade is too niche to sell well in December and Devil's Third is trash so I really worry about the Wii U. Don't even get me started on Japan where the only holiday games are Amiibo Party and Mario tennis... The ONLY way Wii U could possibly sell well in November is if they made Xenoblade a Nov 21 release in the U.S. For the best sales, but even then it would be too niche.

At the very least, the 3DS has a good lineup... Argh, they go from making me very happy to very frustrated sometimes...

I adore Miyamoto and I don't think you're thinking things through. You sound like any 12 year old complaining about Nintendo. He does a lot of good for Nintendo and half of the things you talk about aren't valid opinions here. I'm not on my computer so I can't type up a huge response right now, but *alone* why are you forgetting those amazing Pikmin films haha?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 18, 2015, 08:29:54 AMI adore Miyamoto and I don't think you're thinking things through. You sound like any 12 year old complaining about Nintendo. He does a lot of good for Nintendo and half of the things you talk about aren't valid opinions here. I'm not on my computer so I can't type up a huge response right now, but *alone* why are you forgetting those amazing Pikmin films haha?
you're just an enormous nintendo fanboy.  Nintendo doesn't have any games coming out this winter and that's just how it is.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Yep, Starfox was going to be their big game :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

What I don't understand is why they make the lame excuse "oh we're making it better" instead of just saying we couldn't get it done in time cuz we're bad
unmotivated

Olimar12345

But who would seriously ever say that.

Jompa

in other words, Wolf for Sm4sh will also be delayed
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2015, 08:57:15 AMyou're just an enormous nintendo fanboy.

Actually, you're right. I wanted to argue this but where is the lie.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2015, 08:57:15 AMyou're just an enormous nintendo fanboy.  Nintendo doesn't have any games coming out this winter and that's just how it is.

While I hate using the word "Fanboy" (I think it's rude and not necessary) I agree with Nocturne. There's no big holiday games for Wii U now and that's BAD, all because of two stupid delays, one without a reason until E3 (Zelda, and even then they wouldn't show us footage so we know how the game is going) and the other for a stupid reason made by a person who lost his skill over the years. (Star Fox because it seems they want to focus on stupid gamepad gimmicks instead of adding things that would help like a longer story, more content, more replay value, pro controller support and online multiplayer). If it was well planned like the DKCTF delay where Mario 3D world took its place, I wouldn't be as angry but right now there's literally NO GOOD GAMES COMING IN NOVEMBER/DECEMBER FOR WII U. It's frustrating and the Wii U won't sell well because of it...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

MaestroUGC

Such anger for Miyamoto, and I'm failing to see how he's "lost his touch." He'd have only done so if he starts making bad games. No, not game "I didn't like", but outright, honestly bad games. Not to mention that I have no doubts this new Star Fox is going to be the most insanely awesome Nintendo game ever made, being co-developed by Platinum Games, and I've never been a big fan of the Star Fox series. While I agree that Nintendo needs to step up the game development part of their business, I'm not going to right off one man for actually caring to not put out garbage.

You also have to realize that they're probably focusing a lot of their resources to this NX thing they keep teasing us with, whatever it may be.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

I guess what I'm confused about is why you're blaming Miyamoto for Star Fox being delayed and for Nintendo not releasing any big games this winter. And why you seem to hate who many consider the single greatest game developer of all time.

I don't care much about Star Fox either way, but there are a few games for Wii U I'll probably get anyway this winter--notably Splatoon and Super Mario Maker. I can't afford to buy every single big name Wii U game that comes out when it comes out, but I guess you can?

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 18, 2015, 02:20:10 PMI guess what I'm confused about is why you're blaming Miyamoto for Star Fox being delayed and for Nintendo not releasing any big games this winter. And why you seem to hate who many consider the single greatest game developer of all time.

I don't care much about Star Fox either way, but there are a few games for Wii U I'll probably get anyway this winter--notably Splatoon and Super Mario Maker. I can't afford to buy every single big name Wii U game that comes out when it comes out, but I guess you can?
he actually can because he gets free copies of games and whatnot.  I actually don't have my Wii U anymore, so it pretty much doesn't matter to me, but that doesn't mean nintendo isn't falling behind schedule.
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2015, 03:14:15 PMhe actually can because he gets free copies of games and whatnot.  I actually don't have my Wii U anymore, so it pretty much doesn't matter to me, but that doesn't mean nintendo isn't falling behind schedule.

Actually I currently don't get review copies from NOA just yet, so I do currently have to buy every game released from them that I'm interested in. Also even if I did it wouldn't impact how critical I was of Nintendo, as I would give my honest thoughts either way, but I still stand by my opinions on the fact that this does hurt Nintendo's Holiday season for Wii U quite a bit. The 3DS is fine. (Well, not the NEW 3DS but that's for another time)

Miyamoto I just don't trust due to the fact that his ideals are incredibly outdated and hurt his newer projects for the worse, like how Paper Mario Sticker Star was made to be incredibly basic for a casual appeal, how he can't seem to think up any ideas of a new F-Zero, how Dinosaur Planet was made into Starfox (Indirectly starting its temporary downfall), the rehashing of NSMB, it goes on and on. I'm not saying he never ever was good (I love his games that he helped out with up until around 2002 or so), it's just that he lost his luster when other nintendo devs can do just as good if not better than him, like Aonuma for instance. I blame Miyamoto for the delay as he was the one who essentially announced it, so it's clear that he had to at least approve of it. I just don't want this to be delayed for something stupid like a casual experience or a Gamepad heavy game filled with gimmicks. I don't want a rushed game either but they needed a backup plan if they were to delay it, which they don't. That's what worries me...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

MaestroUGC

Platinum, in the two games they made for Wii U, actually used the Gamepad brilliantly, so I'm sure Star Fox won't fall into the category of "gimmicky".
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Altissimo

Why do they need to get the Christmas market? Why is it bad if they don't?