News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Quote from: Pit0010 on December 20, 2013, 05:28:27 PMYes I think the soundtrack is very well done as well :P
slightly aspects from SMG don't you think?
Hahahaha! That's an understatement! The same warping sounds and many others that are used in this game's soundtrack are straight from the SMG series. As much as I love the Galaxy music, I get sick and tired of Nintendo pulling out pieces and just shoving them into yet another game. If they're gonna do that, make them a DAMN good remix or something vaguely interesting! For example, THIS! The Mario music redone for this game is INSANE!! I haven't played this game at all and I don't think I would, but this music just makes me drool... Nintendo should follow in the SEGA music team's footsteps and take it up a step! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Actually Super Mario 3D World featured almost no music carryovers from other games, and there were no direct ports (unlike New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U, which feature basically the exact same soundtrack as New Super Mario Bros. Wii).

Be that as it may, the soundtrack for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 was much better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Agreed. I thought the music for SM3DW was perhaps a bit too complex? I kinda cringed when I heard the Hands-Off Hall music (traditional Japanese music)... That in a Mario game? What, is he going to wear a kimono now, too? I find it very hard to actually imagine where a lot of these tunes would actually fit it. I also find it difficult to imagine playing a game with that kind of music playing in the background, too... I did like Bowser's theme, though. That made me laugh. ;)

Hahaha! As you know, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy series at all, but I do LOVE the music from the games. At least I have something positive to say about them. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on February 10, 2014, 05:15:05 PMAgreed. I thought the music for SM3DW was perhaps a bit too complex? I kinda cringed when I heard the Hands-Off Hall music (traditional Japanese music)... That in a Mario game? What, is he going to wear a kimono now, too? I find it very hard to actually imagine where a lot of these tunes would actually fit it.

They all fit the game very well. Hands Off Hall is a hidden level that's set up like a traditional Japanese home, it's very very cool.

Quote from: fingerz on February 10, 2014, 05:15:05 PMHahaha! As you know, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy series at all, but I do LOVE the music from the games. At least I have something positive to say about them. :)

Although not liking the Galaxy series makes me wonder if you're beyond all hope tbh

fingerz

Oh, okay then. I take it back. In my mind they just don't serve as a good representation of what they ARE trying to represent.

Hahahaha! Games don't receive praise from me if they have shitty controls that I can't use properly. :P

Pit0010

Quote from: fingerz on February 10, 2014, 05:15:05 PMAgreed. I thought the music for SM3DW was perhaps a bit too complex? I kinda cringed when I heard the Hands-Off Hall music (traditional Japanese music)... That in a Mario game? What, is he going to wear a kimono now, too? I find it very hard to actually imagine where a lot of these tunes would actually fit it. I also find it difficult to imagine playing a game with that kind of music playing in the background, too... I did like Bowser's theme, though. That made me laugh. ;)

Hahaha! As you know, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy series at all, but I do LOVE the music from the games. At least I have something positive to say about them. :)

I thought that was clever! the Hands-Otte...I MEAN Hands-off Hall music~ Imagine...something else on top of that...it would feel slightly wrong if u know what I mean? Coz the stage was based off by an japanese enivornment...why not put a japanese music sense behind it?
The music usually has to be based of the environment....just like the same concept of the art style has to fit the overall gameplay and characteristics. 
argh...I mumble jumble Joey xD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

fingerz

Hahahaha! I had to think there too when I went to type it. XD

Well, I take it back then! I haven't played the game and therefore can't dictate. I did like the music for the game, though. Some of it sounds a bit weird without a face to go with it.  ;D

Pit0010

haha xD >:] Ish means U MUST BUY WII U! or come to my house XDDDDD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Dude

I obtained the Super Mario 3D World OST, so if anyone wants it just PM me.

The quality isn't that great but it will do.

fingerz

I have some news that might give you hope, Slow. :P

So, I went to the Melbourne EB Games a few times last week and they had the demo of Super Mario 3D World there, so I had a shot at playing it and all of the demo levels. MY GOD THAT GAME IS BEAUTIFUL!! The levels were so well-crafted and there was plenty of puzzle-solving to be done to get those Green Stars. I really loved it, actually! The Japanese-style level was playable, too, and that was HEAPS of fun! The game has raised my love for Mario to a whole new level! However, unless I see that game shrink for a smaller screen and go handheld, I still refuse to get it. :P

And, me being me, I was very critical of the controls. Funnily enough, they were MUCH better than the super-shitty Wii ones for the Galaxy series. Maybe if I had a Classic controller for the Wii, I might be more inclined to play those games... XD

Oh, I also beat Super Mario 64 DS and got all of the stars! I've never played that game before, so I thought I'd better do it so my friend Torben would stop calling me a false Mario fan. WELL, THE CONTROLS FOR THAT GAME WERE CRAP-ASS!! I stuck by it though and beat everything. I guess I have a lot more tolerance for something on a handheld than on a TV. :P

MaestroUGC

It's been my experience that only very rarely will controls for a Mario game, or any other Nintendo produced game for that matter, to be anything less than superb. Compensating for degradation of the controllers over time, of course, I find most older games hold up very well against modern one these days.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 20, 2014, 06:28:06 PMIt's been my experience that only very rarely will controls for a Mario game, or any other Nintendo produced game for that matter, to be anything less than superb. Compensating for degradation of the controllers over time, of course, I find most older games hold up very well against modern one these days.

^This.

Especially with the Galaxy games. I don't mean to sound rude, but how dumb do you have to be to not understand the controls? The Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo works exactly the same as any of the other controllers. That series is one of the most fluid, easy to play, and downright fun I've ever had the pleasure to play.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I didn't have any issues with Galaxy either. Are you sure the remote was pointed the right way?

And I do mean to sound rude, but only a dingus has issues with controls in a main series Mario platformer.

Are you a dingus fingerz? Are you? Don't be a dingus. Becuas ethen I'd have to call you "dingus fingus" and then you'll look like a straight up goof bucket.

fingerz

I agree! I don't usually have a problem with most games! I don't think it's the actually GAMES themselves, it's the controllers that annoy the heck outta me. I hate the Wii nunchuck with a vengeance because it doesn't respond in the way that I want it to! It's bloody hard to keep my thumb on top of that sucker and it's precision is appalling. Great for Brawl and not for much else. XD

The mechanics in Super Mario 64 DS annoyed me a little, like the fact that the turning circle for a character was insanely huge and that if you held down the run button for too long, you'd get a boost which I wasn't prepared for and fly off the map... I did like the lack of momentum in terms of coming to a stop after jumping. I'd be able to stop on a 5 cent piece and not worry about flying off an edge. :P

@Slow: IT'S NOT EASY!! If it were, I wouldn't be hating these games because I can't play them properly! I can play Mario on any other console and not have trouble except for the Wii. I also think he was way too many moves... I lose track on which is which and how to use it! XDD

MaestroUGC

I've never heard someone complain about Mario having too many moves or power-ups. Are you sure you're a Mario fan?