News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

New Trailers for Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7:
http://kotaku.com/5839741/new-super-mario-3d-land-trailer-now-with-more-raccoon-suits-and-street-pass
http://kotaku.com/5839737/mario-kart-7-gyros-in-a-new-trailer-with-new-first+person-mode

when I saw metal mario yesterday I thought there was going to be a metal box item(I don't know if there already was or not).

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

new videos for Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus Uprising, Shinrei Camera, Tomodachi Collection, and Girls Mode.

http://kotaku.com/5839916/see-new-video-of-paper-mario-animal-crossing-fire-emblem-kid-icarus-and-more-from-nintendos-3ds-blowout/gallery/1

the ones I'm most excited for is fire emblem and kid icarus.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Taser9090

Animal Crossing is top on my list.

Nintendo's releasing so much great games this year. I don't know if I can get all of them :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Nebbles

Also oh shit my idiot self never pre-ordered Super Mario 3D land

welp that's going on the hanukkah list

SlowPokemon

Super Mario 3D Land will be the greatest ever. Luigi's Mansion 2 will be if Super Mario fails.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 13, 2011, 04:58:48 PMSuper Mario 3D Land will be the greatest ever. Luigi's Mansion 2 will be if Super Mario fails.

Luigi's Mansion 2 FTW!  ;D

EDIT: Also, I want to comment some thoughts on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndC83JkuXY

1- At 0:12: Tanoombas? Not bad.

2- At 0:15: Return of propellers blocks, great! Also, something perhaps ignored by most of you, the blue P button on pixelated Mario's ear! Weren't those the ones from Super Mario World? Another reference? I have the feeling SM3DL is a mix of all mario games in one. Think about it.

3- At 0:20-0:21: Flying goombas are new, great! But what's that green thingy? It seems to be a clock, maybe a little extra seconds to the countdown? Oh! And the red coin ring at 0:21! Same thing as New Super Mario Bros Wii? Hope so!

4- At 0:34: Very intelligent form of using the 3D for something useful! Glad they put effort on creating original ideas.

5- At 0:35: A lot of things to say: The 3 big golden coins in each level return. Not happy with that at all. The level select is very (almost exactly the same) as the one in Galaxy. I'd rather a nice hub world, or at least something similar to the map from Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3...

6- 0:40: Another great use of 3D. Reminds me A LOT to those rooms in Wario World where you had to turn the camera to proceed. Another reference to Wario World? Maybe... Or maybe it's just that I want a Wario World 3DS so bad and I see hints everywhere...  :-\

7- 0:52: Looks a lot like the bowser battle from the original Super Mario Bros., but in 3D (graphics, I mean).

8- 1:07-1:12: The flag at the end of each stage is back, but now without the little castle or fireworks. Instead, Mario celebrates his victory and some confetti is thrown over him. Nice level ending, but I wonder if it's the same in all of them...

That's it. Some things I found interesting in the new Super Mario 3D Land trailer.   :)

SlowPokemon

Tanoombas are not just in the beanbean kingdom. They also appeared in partners in time as well as some smb games.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 14, 2011, 10:02:15 AMTanoombas are not just in the beanbean kingdom. They also appeared in partners in time as well as some smb games.

Partners in Time? I don't remember them... Anyways, I thought they were from BeanBean Kingdom, dunno why... Gotta change that.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 14, 2011, 10:15:07 AMPartners in Time? I don't remember them... Anyways, I thought they were from BeanBean Kingdom, dunno why... Gotta change that.

They appeared on the outside of Thwomp Volcano.

triforced1

There's also Tashroobas in Shroob Castle....but hopefully THEY won't be in 3D Land :P

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 14, 2011, 12:48:18 PMThey appeared on the outside of Thwomp Volcano.

Oh! Now I remember!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 14, 2011, 10:27:50 AMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndC83JkuXY

If you look closely at 0:50, bowser has the tail from the tanooki suit.

Wow! True! :o