General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

What do you think about Mario Kart 7's and Super Mario 3D Land's names? Could be better.

BTW, coming on November and December.  ;D

Roz~

Not sure about MK, SM3D looks kinda nice. Mario games are far from being my favorites but they're still fun to play once in a while. I may get SM3D because of the console's price drop.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

triforced1

I've always been a really big fan of Mario Kart. I'd really like to see what new things they've added. AND THERE BETTER BE RETRO TRACKS.

SlowPokemon

Mario Kart looks iffy but SM3D looks awesome.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: triforced1 on July 29, 2011, 11:06:31 AMAND THERE BETTER BE RETRO TRACKS.

Don´t worry! Have you seen the E3 2011 trailer? Retro tracks appear.
Look for example at 0:23, 0:31 (Maple Treeway! Yay!) or 0:33

fabbemannen

SM3D-opinions:
Name (since you asked): Sounds like a low budget party-game, but I don't care so much about the name
Previews: Looks nice, but the Galaxy-style theme is getting a little annoying :/ All the art-styles looks like SMG. Oh well, it looks like a nice game, and I'm getting it if I can get a 3DS

MK7-opinions:
Name: I can live with it, "Mario Kart 3DS" would be better though
Previews: Looks like I thought it would, the paragliders was surprising though. Gonna get it if I get a 3DS

Olimar12345

^^you do know that super mario 3d land is a reference to super mario land-SML being the 1st portable mario game, and SM3DL being the 1st portable 3D mario game
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: olimar12345 on August 04, 2011, 07:23:43 PM^^you do know that super mario 3d land is a reference to super mario land-SML being the 1st portable mario game, and SM3DL being the 1st portable 3D mario game

Hmm... It makes sense. However, I´d like more "Super Mario: 3D Land" or simply "Super Mario Bros. 3D".

Edit: BTW, this was released some days ago:

They´ve nailed the freakin logo!  :o

Bespinben

Although the nomenclature of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land is a bit odd in terms of how it sounds, I think that it also helps offset the widespread misconception that the 3DS is a "3D-DS". Say they named it "Mario Kart 3DS"; many people might think "Oh, they just re-made Mario Kart DS in 3D." With the name "Mario Kart 7", although unconventional-sounding since Mario Kart installments have never followed a numerical system of naming sequels, the title conveys the message of "Hey, this is a brand new Mario Kart that you've never seen before, exclusive to the 3DS!"
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

OK, so... just checked the recent news, and Nintendo has finally released the official logo for Super Mario 3D Land. Here you go:

Where do I start? Well... It´s simply perfect. Nintendo does pretty nice logos!  :o

EDIT: Oh! And check this out:

Director of Super Mario 3D Land would like to see a remake of Super Mario Sunshine in 3D

Yoshiaki Koizumi, the director of Super Mario 3D Land has suggested that he would like to see Super Mario Sunshine in 3D, along with the Galaxy games:

"I can say that I really would like to see a lot of those games that use 3D worlds on 2D display just so I could see what they look like in 3D and see what kind of different experiences people would have playing through them on a 3D display. So in that sense I would love to see Sunshine and both Galaxy games presented in 3D, and a lot of the Zelda [games] would be interesting too."

Source

Should we expect a Super Mario Sunshine 2 announcement anytime soon?  ::)

Bespinben

I like the idea of remaking Super Mario Sunshine on the 3DS, considering the system is nearly as powerful as the Gamecube which the original was on. Remaking the Galaxy games on the 3DS is pointless though, since they're still new games. Some people have never played or beat Super Mario Sunshine (like me), so there is value in that.

I CANT WAIT TO BE TANOOKI MARIO AGAIN!!!!!!!

DonValentino

SlowPokemon

Actually, I would love to see the Galaxy games, they're both fantastic and crazily fun; the only problem I would see would be the spin mechanic. Looking forward to SM3DL.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 15, 2011, 01:38:16 PMthe only problem I would see would be the spin mechanic.
*Shakes 3DS* AGH! My top screen broke off! Stupid Galaxy games grumble, grumble.....

Nebbles

woah wait what's this about SM 3D land

what did I miss
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel