General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Tbh I'm kind of relieved that this announcement is out of the way so everyone will shut up about it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Oh I'm SO glad they decided to remake TWILIGHT PRINCESS in HD.  The game needed SOO many updates to stay CURRENT and all.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

The light tears were boring as shit to collect, but... is it me, or does it really not look like an HD update at all?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

It's not just you; I thought the same thing. Though apparently GameXplain did a side-by-side screenshot comparison and saw that the textures have been totally redone and not just HD'd, so maybe it'll look better in person?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Hopefully, because this game really should look stunningly beautiful.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nebbles on January 13, 2016, 03:18:59 PMThe light tears were boring as shit to collect, but... is it me, or does it really not look like an HD update at all?

TP didn't really look that bad to begin with, so an HD update won't be as noticeable as Wind Waker (I believe they even said they considered TP back in the early days of the Wii U for the HD remake but they found Wind Waker to be the better upgrade) I did go to a friend's home the other day and played the Wii version on his HDTV and I could easily notice some fuzziness and whatnot. The Wii U screenshots on the other hand seem crisp and sharp, which is nice.

So really TPHD is less of a visual overhaul and more of a game "smoothing" that makes everything nice on the eyes. Skyward Sword HD would likely be the same way if that ever happened. I'm actually excited to see the Twilight Realm in HD, since having it be crystal clear would be a very pretty sight indeed.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

pretty sure the game was supposed to be slightly blurred in the twilight areas, it's how they made it harder to see
unmotivated

Yellow

zelda TP HD: Now featuring even more twilight, everything is harder to see, no more auto target, good luck

alternatively: Zelda TP HD: zelda toilet paper in high definition
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

The pre-order comes with a sound selection, which I want, but I am NOT going to pre-order the game for just that. Dammit. I'm gonna need to mooch one off my friends.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

They're selling that separately though, so I'm not as concerned about the amiibo.

Dudeman