News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Wait explain to me what any of that means I did not follow that or know what any of the involved things are
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

So like emulators, region free, and homebrew games and apps.

That's pretty much it. Iirc there will be a save extractor for games that don't allow it to be released soon by the same guy who is doing this exploit!!! So save hacking will be possible too maybe!

Dude

Maelstrom

Nintendo filed a patent for a new type of console.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-filed-a-patent-for-a-home-gaming-console-that-doesnt-use-discs
It's actually pretty substantial. At first glance, the part about the "no optical drive" sticks out, but, upon further examination, it appears that you may be able to save games to SD cards and play them on other systems that way.
Either way, it's hard to make sense out of.

mikey

they're clearly making the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 21, 2015, 09:13:28 PMthey're clearly making the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System

When will you learn, NoS. It's the Super Wii Cube Boy Color Advance-U Virtual 3DSIXL NX System 64. Clearly.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

MaestroUGC

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 09:24:19 PMSuper Wii Cube Boy Color Advance-U Virtual 3DSIXL NX System 64.
I'll take three.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 09:24:19 PMWhen will you learn, NoS. It's the Super Wii Cube Boy Color Advance-U Virtual 3DSIXL NX System 64. Clearly.
Well it better by this point.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

And Shigeru Miyamoto is now, officially, Nintendo's "Creative Fellow." Makes sense, I guess?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Dudeman

I'm just concerned that, because he's not head of a department anymore, Nintendo has the ability to ignore what he says. I mean, that's the absolute worst-case scenario, but I'm curious to see how much his input is actually worth now. Takeda's in the same position as well.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

From what I understand about it, they're more or less joint second-in-command under Kimishima, who's primarily there to handle the actual business stuff. They're more or less the ones actually running the game production stuff now.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheDreamingHawk

Well Star Fox Zero (Wii U's only major holiday game for the year) got delayed to 2016, adding to yet another of Miyamoto's many dumb mistakes. Now there's nothing major coming out this holiday for the Wii U, which is incredibly frustrating since first they made the dumb choice to delay Zelda earlier this year, and now Star Fox to a period where the series is guaranteed to stay dead when it could have finally earned a chance to shine. Hope you like your Mario Party clone, and Mario Tennis HD!

Stupid things like this is why Miyamoto needs to retire right now, and let someone better take his place. From Paper Mario being butchered, NSMB being created, to F-Zero getting abandoned in favor of stupid Mario Kart, I'm surprised that it seems I'm the only one who thinks he has lost his ability of greatness as he got older...

Honestly While Super Mario Maker is great it should have been loser to the holidays for better sales. NOA did a good thing making Yoshi's wooly world a fall release, but there's nothing for November. Xenoblade is too niche to sell well in December and Devil's Third is trash so I really worry about the Wii U. Don't even get me started on Japan where the only holiday games are Amiibo Party and Mario tennis... The ONLY way Wii U could possibly sell well in November is if they made Xenoblade a Nov 21 release in the U.S. For the best sales, but even then it would be too niche.

At the very least, the 3DS has a good lineup... Argh, they go from making me very happy to very frustrated sometimes...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on September 18, 2015, 08:04:04 AMWell Star Fox Zero (Wii U's only major holiday game for the year) got delayed to 2016, adding to yet another of Miyamoto's many dumb mistakes.

I wouldn't say that. Miyamoto himself has claimed that it's better to delay a game and use the time to make it better and bug-free, than rush it to release and have it be a piece of crap (like so many other game companies are doing nowadays).