News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

So yesterday I had an interesting little incident with my 3DS.

Apparently I dropped it at some point (don't really remember doing this), and at some point during the day it started crashing 5-10 seconds after being booted up. I'd get a black screen telling me that an error had occurred, and I needed to hold down the power button to reset the console and contact Nintendo's support network. Welp, after ten or so tries of starting it up and resetting it, I couldn't get my 3DS to stay on for more than 10 seconds or so.

So I dug around a little bit online and I found other people who had similar issues, and the problem is apparently caused by my Wi-Fi card popping out inside of the system. I tried turning off the wireless after starting up my 3DS, and, sure enough, it was able to stay on for as long as I needed it to.

I followed the instructions in the guide and gave my 3DS surgery (which involved getting the smallest screwdriver you've ever seen to undo Nintendo's super well-made hardware) and just popped the Wi-Fi card out and back into place. This solved the problem.

Pretty easy fix, actually. I was just worried that my console was done for. Anybody else ever have a problem like this?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

With my gameboy where the flextape for the video input had popped out of place but that was an easy fix with a jewellers' screwdriver.  Similar, but not quite :P
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

The last time I took apart Nintendo hardware you needed a tri-wing screwdriver to get very far, did they stop using those?

me irl
[close]

mikey

you need both philips and tri but you underestimate the power of a jewellers' driver
unmotivated

Roz~

I'm late to the party but
Am I the only one who's upset we're not getting the regular New 3DS in America? I don't like the 3DS XL and have always preferred the smaller model. Plus you can customize the smaller model. I'm pretty bummed out about this. Was considering buying it when it came out, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if NoA stops being dumb as shit one of these days. Honestly, releasing it in Europe + Japan and not NA because "it's not gonna sell" is pretty stupid.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

I just don't feel like the extra $80-100 it would end up costing me is worth it unless they come out with a substantial amount more exclusive games for it.  I'm just going to treat this like a DSi and ignore it until the next actual new portable comes out.

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

I have a question for those of you that have upgraded to the New 3DS and transferred your data from a previous system.

I just bought a New 3DS today and tried to transfer my data, but my puzzles in StreetPass didn't transfer over. All the Miis in my Plaza did and so did my progress in Find Mii 2, but I only have the original seven puzzles completed and I can't take pieces from anyone else. I've tried updating the plaza to see if I was missing anything, but that didn't seem to fix any problems. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

That's kind of weird. Either everything should show up, or nothing at all.  :P
I have never heard of that happening yet.

KefkaticFanatic

Streetpass data is stored on the SD card.  It should transfer if you copied that over.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 24, 2015, 11:36:49 AMI have a question for those of you that have upgraded to the New 3DS and transferred your data from a previous system.

I just bought a New 3DS today and tried to transfer my data, but my puzzles in StreetPass didn't transfer over. All the Miis in my Plaza did and so did my progress in Find Mii 2, but I only have the original seven puzzles completed and I can't take pieces from anyone else. I've tried updating the plaza to see if I was missing anything, but that didn't seem to fix any problems. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You need to put the old SD card data on a new SD card, or if you're already using a micro SD card, just insert it into the new system.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Man, they should really go back to this kind of advertising, Nintendo's 1990-2005 TV ads were just epic.

Also, yay, DKC. Hopefully this means Nintendo is finally starting to acknowledge Rare's DK legacy. Just Dixie Kong in TF is not enough :p

BlackDragonSlayer

Wait... why does it go from Donkey Kong Land 2 to Donkey Kong Land III? They decided to get fancy somewhere between those games?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DonValentino

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 26, 2015, 11:58:00 AMWait... why does it go from Donkey Kong Land 2 to Donkey Kong Land III? They decided to get fancy somewhere between those games?

Who knows... xD It does look weird, a 2 and then a III. Now that I think about it, they did the opposite with Wario Land II and 3. lol

DonValentino

Reviving and renaming this topic to a general Nintendo discussion thread, since I believe we don't have one.

So, reading Nintendo news, I came across this site, which has details about how Nintendo has done in the last fiscal year and some plans for the future, including their partnership with Dena or how they will test the waters with mobile apps before going all out with the NX.

Definitely an interesting read, specially now with the drought of news because of the E3 just a little more than a month away.

Also, Rhythm Heaven The Best Plus, y u no announced here.

KefkaticFanatic

Most interesting thing imo is the fact that they claim to be really, actually trying to make a modern online infrastructure and user account system.

I won't be holding my breath but it would be great to see them actuall pull online off for once.

me irl
[close]