News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit0010

Yes I think the soundtrack is very well done as well :P

slightly aspects from SMG don't you think?
Yeah the level designs have been pretty thought out well.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Waddle Bro

DuckTales Remastered only costs 8.99 now

GOGOGO

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FSM-Reapr

SlowPokemon

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/nindendo-ds-games-heading-to-wii-u-virtual-console

What do you all think about this? Good, bad?

Personally, if I had the chance to play Professor Layton in HD, I would do it in a heartbeat. Those games are drawn at 1080p and scaled down for the DS hardware. It'd be awesome to play Ace Attorney on the big screen too, and there are a bunch of other games that would look great.

However, when DS games are already playable on the Nintendo 3DS, I'm not so sure that it's going to sell a Wii U for anybody. IDK what to think about it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Yeah it might not sell a Wii U for people... but I'm interested in the idea.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I get that they're trying to do more for the Wii U, but I think that they'd make a decent profit putting GBA games on the Virtual Console, for either Wii U or 3DS. Nintendo DS games are a bit too recent to really make sense putting on a virtual console, but there is an audience in both younger gamers that never got to experience the big GBA games as well as older gamers who have experienced them and would like to again.

And I mean, a lot of modern series had their beginnings on the GBA. For instance, the 3DS game Mario & Luigi Dream Team is the fourth entry in a series that started on the GBA, and there are a surprising number of references in there that only someone who played the first game would understand.

Nebbles

I think if they did GBA games, it'd sell way better. I'd be more than happy to play GBA games on the Wii U, considering there's a lot I never played that would be nice to play. I can only find so much while hunting for older games...

Now that I think about it, why didn't they do that? It'd make good ties as you said for other games.

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

Yeah Gamecube would be good too, even if people still have their Wiis and Gamecube systems. I mean, they remade Wind Waker, sooooo...

SlowPokemon

Ahaha, that reminds me of Luigi's Mansion--a sequel that came out 12 years after the original? If they remade or re-released the original for Wii U, I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.

IDK, I mean I'm excited about the Nintendo DS on Virtual Console because the Nintendo DS had some of my favorite games of all time, but I don't think it was that smart of a company move.

Nebbles

Yeah. I don't need to play DS games on virtual console, since, you know, they all work fine on my 3DS.

Jamaha

I could see their reasoning being that having DS games on the Wii U promotes the use of the Gamepad, something that they really want to do.

Also, based on Iwata's presentation here
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/index.html
it appears that Nintendo is well aware of the issues the backseat-CEOs have been throwing around on internet comments. The question is, will they actually do something about it.

KefkaticFanatic

I'm not too hot on paying for any VC with the whole garbage limited by platform and you have to pay to upgrade thing (for Wii to Wii U).  Perhaps they'll get a grip for their next console, but given precedent I am hesitant.

Plus you can buy Nintendo games used for faaaaar cheaper than they will likely ever sell them.  One of the most annoying things about Nintendo is how they refuse to lower prices of old games.. I wish they brought back the "Player's Choice" titles.  I just don't want to have to pay $40 for a freaking 3DS launch title years later (hi ocarina of time HD), so I will end up buying less Nintendo software.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Yeah, the mulitplatform NNID sounds good but from what it seemed from the presentation, that might only happen next gen.

It's weird how Nintendo is doing some interesting ideas with downloadable games but their system has weird flaws that ruin the whole thing.