News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

DO WANT.

Started by SlowPokemon, July 21, 2011, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 25, 2013, 07:21:03 PMUh, no... I think you're talking about the normal controllers...
Do normal ones work with the Wii? Im looking for one and I don't know which one to get?

GaryOak

W3sp (a well-known youtube pianist) said this "I too kind of hate performing on e-pianos. It's simply not the same instrument. It's like making a tennis player play a different ballsport (e.g. Badminton)".
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Olimar12345

Well I don't think a pianist should perform on a keyboard. That's just silly :P

Having one for practice isn't a bad idea, though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

you're all making me feel bad about not having the space for a piano in my house, thanks guys
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

This is coming down to a difference in wealth, and some of us aren't fortunate enough to already own one.

But since we're on the subject, anybody who doesn't play on a Steinway isn't a true pianist.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

my piano runs on the computer
i just point and click and then press this square/rectangular botton with an isosceles triangle in it and play

i am the piano master race

KefkaticFanatic

[5:20:20 PM] Nick Morello: might as well just say you cant be good unless you steinway

JERK STOLE MAH COMMENT

And now I'll just paste my previous statements

[5:27:51 PM] Nick Morello: the biggest factor I would say is the weight of the keys
[5:28:02 PM] Nick Morello: you can get upright pianos with really light keys too
[5:28:16 PM] Nick Morello: and you have to get used to switching between a heavy and light weighted piano
[5:28:45 PM] Nick Morello: a blanket statement that all digital pianos are for the unskilled is preposterous
[5:29:35 PM] Nick Morello: of course a professional would want to develop their style with the delicate details of an acoustic piano
[5:30:07 PM] Nick Morello: it isn't until the tip top level it makes a significant enough difference between the high quality digital

So pls stop spewing a bunch of entitled nonsense peepsicles

Quote from: Mashi on August 26, 2013, 02:37:02 PMmy piano runs on the computer
i just point and click and then press this square/rectangular botton with an isosceles triangle in it and play

i am the piano master race

but does yours have fancy text??

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

About real being more expensive than e-keyboards, I think that is not clearly true.
Last year I bought a real piano (finally ffs, afte studying for 12 years), a Yamaha B1, and it cost 3200€. Before that I wanted to bought an Yamaha Avant-grand, the cheapest one, and the price was 6000€...

If you want to be a Pianist for profession, without doubt, you should buy a real piano.
If not, well, you have plenty of choice out there!

Also, I don't know if that exists in the US, but here, if you buy a Yamaha (new) and make a contract with them, whenever you want, you can make an upgrade for the next model (like, if you have a B1, you'll upgrade to the B2, etc) just paying the difference between them, which is actually very cool and really worths the money invested.

Bubbles

A piano costs more than a keyboard, theres no debate there

a quick search on amazon
[close]

You can get a crazy expensive keyboard or a cheap run down piano, but overall pianos are more expensive

ALPRAS

Quote from: Bubbles on August 26, 2013, 04:16:12 PMA piano costs more than a keyboard, theres no debate there

a quick search on amazon
[close]

You can get a crazy expensive keyboard or a cheap run down piano, but overall pianos are more expensive

I'm not saying that, of course E-Keyboards are cheaper, but the E-Keyboards that are close to be Pianos are more expensive than the Pianos themselves, at least more expensive than the up right pianos.
Those keyboards you showed there.. Well, they are not good. At least compared to a Piano.
I also have a E-Keyboard, a Roland F-something, that cost 1000€, and there's no comparison with the piano itself...

Olimar12345

Lol, you guys are still talking about this?

Speaking of do want, I could use a new tv... Mine's just about done for xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ALPRAS

I would like to have new shoulders, neck and back please. Mine are completely destroyed...

MasterProX

What the hell, I make one post about a digital piano and I get two pages of replies about why digital pianos suck or something. Wat.

If I had money, or a steady source of income from anything, I'd try saving up for a real piano.  But I'm not old enough to get a job anywhere here, and I haven't started uploading covers to YouTube... yet. I suck at arranging too, I might have to ask for you guys' help. Constantly.

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 26, 2013, 01:13:12 PMDo normal ones work with the Wii? Im looking for one and I don't know which one to get?

Any controller will work, you just have to have the right Wii (the newer models don't have Gamecube support anymore).

JohnK

I'm such a swank here with my Kawai upright. I do want a grand though (and we have the room, just need to convince my parents of that). They're much nicer sounding (sound goes into the room instead of into the wall or into your face), the action's faster, and dammit they just look better in a room  8)

My main beef with digitals is that they sound and feel mushy. The keys are usually hollow plastic instead of plastic/ivory covered wood, the faux actions/weights make it feel like you're playing a truck instead of a piano, and the 2 small speakers don't give it the proper presence and intimacy of any real piano. The samples also tend to sound too clean. I've played concert-grand Steinways and Bösendorfers (the most commonly sampled pianos), and I can say that there's still some dirt in their sound that samples always process out.

They also don't really last nearly as long as real pianos do. One of my cousins still has the Steinway my great-grandpa bought in 1921. It's had some repairs made and some parts replaced, but it's still a more-than-functional piano. We bought a digital piano (a Kawai) in 2002, which started falling apart around 2007 and finally bit the dust in 2012. That Steinway has survived 90+ years of (moderately) hard playing, neglect, a broken leg, and occasional years of pampered care. The digital was played hard, moved across a room, and was left to sit in the living room for 4 years. Now obviously, there's many variables and differences here. There are plenty of pianos that don't make it 'til 92, and there are plenty of older DP's (10-30 years) that are still functional if incredibly obsolete.

All this being said, digital pianos do have their functions. Most acoustics, save for some computerized player pianos, don't have MIDI or any type of recorder. They're also not easy to move from place to place. Digitals also offer a variety of other instrument sounds built-in so you're not stuck playing a piano. And if I may be honest, I'll take a good digital piano over a bad acoustic any day of the week :)

Sebastian

We have a grand and upright. they are both Kawai