News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

DO WANT.

Started by SlowPokemon, July 21, 2011, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

I'd love to stream, but I would hit my data cap way too fast, plus there are enough instances where I have service downtime (some shitty buildings, tunnels, etc) that relying on a network connection just wont work.

Not to mention the fact that spotify is missing a large portion of what I listen to ::)

me irl
[close]

DrP

Then acquire that music through whatever means you do and upload it to Google music and stream it from there.

KefkaticFanatic

And then the first problem reappears :P

me irl
[close]

MasterProX

blueflower999

I never understood why people pay hundreds of dollars for headphones.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Different headphones produce different sound qualities.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperFireKirby

For some people, listening to music simply isn't enough. They need to FEEL it.

Seriously, good headphones makes music sound soooooo much better. Plus, they're comfortable and durable. The real question you should be asking is, "Why do people pay hundreds of dollars for Beats?" Beats are awful, awful headphones.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 09, 2013, 07:56:53 PMDifferent headphones produce different sound qualities.

This is actually accurate. For someone who's not into music it's just stupid to pay for headphones like that, but I would kill for a pair of really nice headphones simply because it means hearing the orchestra in a different way.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Some people can't tell the difference between nice headphones, similar to how some people can't tell the difference between high and low quality audio files.

It is somewhat of a blessing, as being an audiophile makes for very expensive wish lists.

A nice pair of headphones can really bring out the music; have a great soundstage to help you really immerse yourself in the audio.  They additionally generally have a much wider frequency range than lower end sets, allowing for much more pronounced lows and highs that you may miss with a pair of shoddy apple earbuds or skullcandy crap cans.

But before you buy a pair you should do some heavy research, and ideally listening tests with multiple pairs if you have the ability.  Head-fi is a great place to get more info and some great recommendations.

More directly related to topic:

These are what I'm currently planning on for my next audio purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-505760-Momentum-Headphone-Black/dp/B00AZZNXOK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384072733&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+momentum

Though my long term goal is still: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD800-Over-Ear-Circum-Aural-Headphone/dp/B001OTZ8DA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384072789&sr=1-1&keywords=hd+800

However once you start getting into the realm of $300+ you need to start considering quality DACs and amps, which brings a whole new world of expensive equipment....
I'm contemplating this one for mobile use: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E18-KUNLUN-Android-Phone/dp/B00GCDJBMM

But there are plenty more in the going for a desktop setup.

me irl
[close]

dahans

Woah 1500$ for headphones...

I must admit that I have beats hahaha they are indeed awful and use them if I go running. But what can you do if you get them as a present? haha
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

Probably gonna get these pretty soon since my Audio Technicas are finally starting to kick the bucket and don't sound nearly as good anymore. Unless master audiophile Kefka has a better recommendation for a similar price of course.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 10, 2013, 12:38:06 AMblah blah blah

I dragged you away from the headphones section in B&H Photo!!! D:<

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

I have the HD595 actually which are the older model but I believe the same drivers.  They are a fantastic set though you do need a decent amp to release their full potential.  If you don't want to spend a lot I would recommend something like the the FiiO E10 or a cheap sound card with built in amp like Asus Xonar DGX.

Quote from: Ruto on November 10, 2013, 07:48:34 PMI dragged you away from the headphones section in B&H Photo!!! D:<

wahhhh they had the HD800 there and also Momentum and also all the really nice Grado and beyerdyamic and like 10 other brands of amazing headphones...

me irl
[close]

GaryOak

I recently bought these http://www.amazon.com/AKG-272-HD-High-Definition-Headphones/dp/B0012XZAXG/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384944761&sr=1-21&keywords=akg+headphones

$1500 sounds kinda extreme, I would probably pay that much if they were specifically designed for my ears and head  :D
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

KefkaticFanatic

look at this Schiit

hybrid tube amp for $119.... awww yea..  HOT

me irl
[close]