News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokemon Training Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, July 18, 2011, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

I know! It's so un-legendary-like.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

amnesia01

Quote from: fingerz on July 22, 2011, 08:14:25 PMJust lost my 71-streak win in the Battle Tower (Pokemon Diamond).
...Cradily.
:o71!!! your patience has no end.

Nebbles

You know, I've always had trouble thinking of a decent moveset for a Swampert. Suggestions? (Lax nature, btw)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

triforced1

What for? Like Elite Four, Battle Tower, etc?

You're going to want some STAB moves anyway, so Earthquake is a must. Dive is better than surf due to Swampert's low Sp. Atk, and probably a move to counterattack grass types.

Jub3r7

Four different move sets that are highly suggested: cursepert, mixpert, countercoat, and restalk.
If you move it to the fourth gen the suggestions change a little.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: triforced1 on July 30, 2011, 09:48:41 PMWhat for? Like Elite Four, Battle Tower, etc?

You're going to want some STAB moves anyway, so Earthquake is a must. Dive is better than surf due to Swampert's low Sp. Atk, and probably a move to counterattack grass types.

SHE'S PLAYING RUBY D:

Nebbles, therefore disregard the comment about dive as it's a special move in third gen...

Also I suggest mixpert
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Clanker37

My Swampert is a Toxic-Stall XD Works a bit and it's NEVER expected. Everyone send their Grass user in and gets a face full of Toxic. Then they're all like 'WTF?' XD It's quite funny to see them freak out

Nebbles

Mixpert sounds good to me, though I might play around with the last moveslot and see if I find anything better to suit it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Finally getting around to training a Zoroark. It's Lv54 or 55 atm, going to raise it a bit higher so it learns Night Daze.

It has a Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk) and is Quick to Flee, which is pretty good... I'm gonna go with a special sweeper set, I was thinking:

Night Daze
Nasty Plot
Focus Blast
Flamethrower

I think I heard that set somewhere and liked it a lot, but I don't know how effective it's going to be... hmm...

Any advice? Oh, and I'm going to be using it on the Battle Subway, so do you have any suggestions for the rest of the team? I kind of want a Ghost type for the last spot so that the opponent will be tempted to use Dark and Ghost moves on Zoroark, to help keep it in play long enough to use Nasty Plot. I already have a Modest Chandelure Lv70 that's part of my actual team and knows Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Flamethrower, and Psychic; should I consider that?

Please give advice on moveset/partners!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Your set is here.

I'm assuming to assume you know how to EV train.

And yes Chandelure would be good. Some people like to use Jellicent since it does pretty well in OU, but the general idea is yes, keep the ghost/*insert type* poke.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012