News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Pokemon Training Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, July 18, 2011, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

My friend gave me a buttload of shinies. Though she's gonna teach me how to RNG and get shinies easier. Hoo-rah~
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on July 20, 2011, 07:23:36 PMHmm fine then. Will do it. Don't know when though.

omg you listened to me.

OR IT COULD BE AN EEVEE MEANT TO BE A LEAFEON

Any of the above would work
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2011, 07:24:33 PMomg you listened to me.

OR IT COULD BE AN EEVEE MEANT TO BE A LEAFEON

Any of the above would work

If I'm reaaaally bored I could breed all 3. Methinks I already have a Leafeon.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 20, 2011, 07:24:16 PMMy friend gave me a buttload of shinies. Though she's gonna teach me how to RNG and get shinies easier. Hoo-rah~

RNGing is really easy.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

I heard, but I rather her help me since she's sleeping over tomorrow and she'll be right there to help me if I get stuck. Then I shall have tons of shiny Pokemon!

Cobraroll

Currently playing White, and trying to get a lvl. 100 team ready to kick some buttocks. It'll be a very specific pair of buttocks, though, as I only know one person with a 5th gen. game, and I can't play over the Net.

My two first Pokémon to achieve the lvl. 100 status is Hydreigon and Krookodile (Expert Belt + Moxie + Jolly nature = epicness). I'm considering to add Gyarados and Thundurus too, but no idea apart from that. Chandelure is cool, but rather slow, Conkeldurr needs all sorts of breeding to become decent, and I want to use some 'mons from the previous generations as well. I have access to a second DS and Pearl/SoulSilver, so transfers can be arranged. No trading opportunities with other games, though, as my friend and I will alternate being away for the rest of the summer, and after that, I'll be moving.

Suggestions? I want the team to be able to fight on the Subway too, so no Uber Legendaries. They're not fun to train anyway.

Last, a little piece of advice concerning the Battle Subway:

1. Get the weather on your side. A weather inducer can bring highly exploitable conditions to the battlefield. Pokémon with Drizzle/Drought/Snow Warning/Sand Stream are preferred, but you're really limited when it comes to choices (a grand total of five fully evolved Pokémon, two of which you'll have to get from the Dream World).

2. Get. A. Ninjask. Save up BP for the Focus Sash, and unleash the Swords Dance/Speed Boost/Baton Pass menace. The Focus Sash will allow you to survive whatever hits you, so that you're guaranteed to pull off a Swords Dance, and snag a Speed Boost at the end of the turn. You WILL outspeed your opponent at the next turn, unless they've got a priority move, so you can Baton Pass safely. Then bring out a Pokémon like Aggron or Tyranitar, anything with moderate Speed and good defences work, really, and watch it plow through the enemy team like a steamroller in a bowling alley. Doesn't work too well in doubles, though. Another strategy would be Passing an Agility and a Speed Boost to Rhyperior.

3. For doubles: Earthquake + anything that flies is a great combo. I use Moxie Krookodile and Intimidate Gyarados.

4. Another double battle strategy is using a Pokémon with Water Absorb alongside a Pokémon with Surf (or a Pokémon with Motor Drive/Volt Absorb alongside anything with Discharge). Attack your enemies while replenishing your own health. Two Water Absorb Pokémon with Surf sounds more effective, but is a crippling overspecialization.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 21, 2011, 11:19:12 AMCurrently playing White, and trying to get a lvl. 100 team ready to kick some buttocks. It'll be a very specific pair of buttocks, though, as I only know one person with a 5th gen. game, and I can't play over the Net.

My two first Pokémon to achieve the lvl. 100 status is Hydreigon and Krookodile (Expert Belt + Moxie + Jolly nature = epicness). I'm considering to add Gyarados and Thundurus too, but no idea apart from that. Chandelure is cool, but rather slow, Conkeldurr needs all sorts of breeding to become decent, and I want to use some 'mons from the previous generations as well. I have access to a second DS and Pearl/SoulSilver, so transfers can be arranged. No trading opportunities with other games, though, as my friend and I will alternate being away for the rest of the summer, and after that, I'll be moving.

Suggestions? I want the team to be able to fight on the Subway too, so no Uber Legendaries. They're not fun to train anyway.

1. Get the weather on your side. A weather inducer can bring highly exploitable conditions to the battlefield. Pokémon with Drizzle/Drought/Snow Warning/Sand Stream are preferred, but you're really limited when it comes to choices (a grand total of five fully evolved Pokémon, two of which you'll have to get from the Dream World).

2. Get. A. Ninjask. Save up BP for the Focus Sash, and unleash the Swords Dance/Speed Boost/Baton Pass menace. The Focus Sash will allow you to survive whatever hits you, so that you're guaranteed to pull off a Swords Dance, and snag a Speed Boost at the end of the turn. You WILL outspeed your opponent at the next turn, unless they've got a priority move, so you can Baton Pass safely. Then bring out a Pokémon like Aggron or Tyranitar, anything with moderate Speed and good defences work, really, and watch it plow through the enemy team like a steamroller in a bowling alley. Doesn't work too well in doubles, though. Another strategy would be Passing an Agility and a Speed Boost to Rhyperior.

3. For doubles: Earthquake + anything that flies is a great combo. I use Moxie Krookodile and Intimidate Gyarados.

4. Another double battle strategy is using a Pokémon with Water Absorb alongside a Pokémon with Surf (or a Pokémon with Motor Drive/Volt Absorb alongside anything with Discharge). Attack your enemies while replenishing your own health. Two Water Absorb Pokémon with Surf sounds more effective, but is a crippling overspecialization.

Omg my Krookodile has Jolly and Moxie too. :D win plus I give it expert belt

Roz~

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 21, 2011, 11:19:12 AMCurrently playing White, and trying to get a lvl. 100 team ready to kick some buttocks. It'll be a very specific pair of buttocks, though, as I only know one person with a 5th gen. game, and I can't play over the Net.

Protect on Ninjask, so you can get 2 speed boosts before using Baton Pass.
Also Sazandora w/ surf + Jellicent (I think that's its name) w/ Water Spout = win.
Oh and weather is not that big of a deal in the Battle Subway iirc.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

Yeah, I dunno what the Battle Trains are made out of but they go through a lot. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

Well you have two dark types so you'd need to cover your Bug and Fighting Weakness so a Flying Pokemon would be ideal. Thundurus is a good choice and so is Gyarados, but I wouldn't use them in the same team. Dragon Dance Gyarados can be horrific and I'd get one that knows Bounce so you can cover the Bug and Fighting Weaknesses

Do you have an idea of a lead? Some battles are usualy decided when one side get's three layers of Spikes up. Ferrothorn and Forretress have access to Spikes and Stealth Rocks, but they're to predictable and would fall to easily to Drought Ninetails. Most Spikes and ST have a weakness to Fire or Fighting so perhaps Infernape? The only other OU is Emboar unless you really like Evolvite Monferno or Pignite.

A team should cover most of the weaknesses for the sweepers and setup Pokemon. All weaknesses that arn't covered will be easily exploited.

Nebbles

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good training place to buff up for Red? I've beaten almost every trainer to my knowledge and my team is around 50-52.

SlowPokemon

You can check a list online of what trainers you can call at what times for a guaranteed rematch. For example, right now you'd be checking I think Thursday night. And if you battle that trainer over and over they get stronger... if you didn't already know that.

At least that's how it works in HGSS. Haven't played the old games in a long time.

Clanker37

Quote from: Nebbles on July 21, 2011, 10:13:44 PMDoes anyone have any suggestions for a good training place to buff up for Red? I've beaten almost every trainer to my knowledge and my team is around 50-52.
Gym Leaders and Elite Four. Change the time so that you have all of the Gym Leaders there at once

Nebbles

Nononono in GSC :C No HGSS.

Clanker37

Oh, then I can't help you; I've never played 2nd gen (And yet I've played the 1st)