Pokemon Training Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, July 18, 2011, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2011, 11:24:23 AMActually Shedinja is one of the worst Pokemon out there. Worse than my favorite (Spinda). Almost worse than Delcatty.

Nope, it can be pretty awsm when used correctly.

Quote from: olimar12345 on July 20, 2011, 10:21:25 AMBut I can offer legit pokemon for hacked ones, who wouldnt want that? i.e (used correctly) I could offer you a legit lvl 86 latios for a pokemon you took a minute to hack for. You'd be getting the better end of the deal-thats what I'm trying to get through.

I just said genesect and keldeo earlier because they are harder to get=more desirable.

Rofl. Your Latios probably have meh IVs, so no, receiving something you can't use is not that great. Plus every one can get one in SS. That deal would be good if you were some 10 y/o who wants strong 'mons cuz so amazing lolz
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

I'm currently grinding in Mt. Silver. My god, it's painful.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Oritendo

@Nebbles: is this Heartgold/SoulSilver, or the GBColor series of Johto?

Oritendo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2011, 11:24:23 AMActually Shedinja is one of the worst Pokemon out there. Worse than my favorite (Spinda). Almost worse than Delcatty.
shedinja is in between. he's got a good defence on some pokemon and not on others. but I wouldn't say he's the best. for Hoenn I say Ralts is tricky to train (needs a lot of EXP to level up), but I guess he would be good if you put some effort.

Nebbles

Quote from: Oritendo on July 20, 2011, 02:22:05 PM@Nebbles: is this Heartgold/SoulSilver, or the GBColor series of Johto?

GBColor. HG/SS, it would've been a bit easier...

fingerz

Don't worry. R/B is much harder to train up in; no more trainers, no VS Seeker and even the Elite Four becomes worthless. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Yeah, true. XD I could always plow through the E4 if I wanted, though...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oritendo on July 20, 2011, 02:42:15 PMshedinja is in between. he's got a good defence on some pokemon and not on others. but I wouldn't say he's the best. for Hoenn I say Ralts is tricky to train (needs a lot of EXP to level up), but I guess he would be good if you put some effort.

Yes, I agree with that (all of it) now that I think about it. You know, I'm using a Gardevoir in Emerald right now (I always use it in Hoenn cause I love it), and it's not bad, but it's difficult to use because the beginning grinding is annoying (especially since you don't get a damaging move till Lv6); also, it doesn't get a non-Psychic damage move its entire moveset in 3rd gen, so you need to use TMs like Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt to make it somewhat useful. Its stats are pretty good though.

As for Shedinja, it's really only good when it's used properly. If the Trainer doesn't know what he's doing, or is kind of new to the competitive aspect, then Shedinja is better left alone.

Anyway, I'm about to face the 5th Gym in Emerald, here is my tentative current team:
Marshtomp Lv29
Torkoal Lv29
Gloom Lv29
Crobat Lv29
Gardevoir Lv30
Lileep Lv30 (I'm mainly using this cause I LOVE Cradily's typing and design)

I'm thinking about dropping one or two, particularly Lileep. It's not suited for a game playthrough. It's better suited for competitive battling, here's why (a bit of a rant will follow):
A) Its stats are not good, or even very decent, until it evolves. Cradily is better, if only a bit: Meh HP, decent Attack and Sp. Attack, pretty good Defense, very good Sp. Defense, and abysmal Speed.
B) Its movepool during 3rd gen was designed to make life unbelievably hard for it. With only the moves Astonish, Constrict, Acid, Ingrain, Confuse Ray, and Amnesia before it evolves, and no access to decent TMs at the time you can acquire it, Lileep is practically impossible to use effectively during gameplay. Even after it evolves, in 3rd gen it only gets Ancientpower and Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up.
C) I already have Gloom, which is going to be a Bellossom, for a Grass-type (even though its defenses are decidedly lackluster).

I just don't know what I would get instead...meh I would figure it out. So should I drop it or keep it? Any advice guys?

WOAH sorry for wall of text.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I'd go for Bellossom. I've never been disappointed when using one.

Roz~

Bellossom speed's not that great either. Cradily's awesome, especially w/ Stockpile. If you don't like its moves you can still use TMs.

SlowPokemon

Oh trust me I love Cradily. I just don't want to go to the trouble training one this game. I'll do it in BW.

I already dropped it for something worse: Spinda. :)

Btw did you read the whole thing or was it too tldr? I said that I was using Bellossom either way. ;)

Nebbles

I like my Bellossom because she's ~shiny~

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2011, 06:43:23 PMOh trust me I love Cradily. I just don't want to go to the trouble training one this game. I'll do it in BW.

I already dropped it for something worse: Spinda. :)

Btw did you read the whole thing or was it too tldr? I said that I was using Bellossom either way. ;)

I did, but Bellossom just sucks. x)

Quote from: Nebbles on July 20, 2011, 06:58:07 PMI like my Bellossom because she's ~shiny~

I can have a shiny Bellossom in 15 minutes. Too lazy to do it though.

SlowPokemon

Plz do. Please transfer one to BW and trade me a shiny, perfect Bellossom. Or Spinda. Whatever you want.

Roz~

Hmm fine then. Will do it. Don't know when though.