News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 15, 2013, 10:28:27 AMWhen people tell you that music you write is "exactly like" Zelda/Pokemon/anything really

Bitch I don't plagiarize. I don't steal anything let alone musical ideas.

This is why I just stopped showing people my compositions when they ask.

"U moron u stole this from Zelda" "ok this is exactly something I heard before but I can't remember what"

Just pisses me the fuck off when I put hours into a work and then all I hear is that I plagiarized it. There are only so many different musical ideas, and it's inevitable that you'll subconsciously use something you've heard before. But direct stealing? NO. I have too much respect for musicians I like to steal anything from them.
Has anyone done this to your arrangements?

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 15, 2013, 10:28:27 AMWhen people tell you that music you write is "exactly like" Zelda/Pokemon/anything really

Bitch I don't plagiarize. I don't steal anything let alone musical ideas.

This is why I just stopped showing people my compositions when they ask.

"U moron u stole this from Zelda" "ok this is exactly something I heard before but I can't remember what"

Just pisses me the fuck off when I put hours into a work and then all I hear is that I plagiarized it. There are only so many different musical ideas, and it's inevitable that you'll subconsciously use something you've heard before. But direct stealing? NO. I have too much respect for musicians I like to steal anything from them.

What were you writing?

SlowPokemon

That's just what people say whenever I let them listen to a composition. I've stopped showing anybody who asks to listen to it because it annoys the hell out of me. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Well what kind of people were you showing your music to?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

People who know little to nothing about music

TheZeldaPianist275

Yugi

Someone told me that I stole my "composition" of Setzer from FFVI.

MaestroUGC

You're more likely to use somebody else's style when writing music for the first time.

Rule No. 1 is always write what you know, and you know [Composer]'s work well, so naturally you're going to write like them for a bit before adopting your own voice.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Oh yes there's no denying that. I just hate when people specifically tell me I steal from Zelda. Especially because I don't even like Zelda.

TheZeldaPianist275

Pet peeve

When someone says they don't like Zelda

Dude

I don't hate Zelda.
I despise it.

Dude

TheZeldaPianist275

I figured XD That was a Dude thing to say.

Toby