News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Ugh, my brother wants to be a motivational speaker and he's talking about "being successful" by abusing all sorts of ways of getting money and skipping college. It doesn't relate to me at all, but he keeps talking about this crap every day and I'm sick of hearing it!  >:(

Pianist Da Sootopolis

People who call themselves humble.
what is shitpost

BlackDragonSlayer

Is it justified, though, if a spider calls you humble first? ;P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Idk man I just can't stand it XD
It's like when someone calls themselves mature; the minute you do it, you lose all maturity.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

^Yes, hollllyy crappp

"I stopped being friends with that girl becuase she's just not mature enough for me."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Zunawe

It can be done in earnest, and certainly in comparison. To call yourself humble can be paradoxical if you're bragging, but it's just a descriptive word. And one can certainly say that they are more humble or less humble than another. It just sounds a little self-centered to say in any way that you're better than another person.

As for maturity, that's completely fine in my opinion. Obviously, being pretentious about it is bad, but I have no problem with somebody saying that they're mature, and it's even less an issue for somebody to say they are less mature or more mature than somebody else. The only time it's notable is when it's used specifically to degrade somebody else, but that just applies to everything you can say.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

Oh my god, blow your nose once instead of sniffling every 5 seconds for two hours.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

MY BROTHER DOES THAT I'M WITH YOU
unmotivated

braix

Definitely and defiantly are two completely different words
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Lol, I spell "definitely" incorrectly all the time. I spell it "definantly".

E. Gadd Industries

So are "then" and "than" LOOKING AT YOU, AP WORLD HISTORY TEACHER
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

accept vs except
affect vs effect
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

What a lovely effectionate post.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously anymore..
what is shitpost