News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Tuplets in Finale Notepad

Started by Dudeman, July 14, 2011, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Can someone give me instructions as to how you write tuplets in Finale Notepad? I don't know how to use the tuplet tool.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Brassman388

You can also just press 9 to make a tuplet. Just make sure you have space before you do or it won't let you.

Using the tuplet tool, you have to have all the notes prepared for your tuplet. For example; If you're going to make a triplet with 3 eighth notes, you need to have 3 eighth notes layed out on a staff. When you do that, it'll bring up the options for your selected notes. You want to choose the "3 eighth notes in the space of 2 eighth notes". This should be sufficient to make your tuplet and a little 3 should appear above the notes. Same thing with 6th tuplets, except the different values.

Hope this helps.

Dudeman

...heh heh...I actually figured it out right after I started this topic. Fail. Oh well. I'll leave it up in case someone else has the same problem.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sekter77

This does help actually. I could never figure out the tuplet tool. Fortunately, I could always use the triplet option under the simple entry or whatever it is to cover any of my triplet needs.
Guitar and video games.

Master_Z

Why do some people call them tuplets and others triplets?

Brassman388

Triplet is strictly three notes. Tuplet is a series of notes in a triplet fashion.

Master_Z

I don't really understand what you mean.

Brassman388

You can only have three notes in a triplet. You can have as many notes in a tuplet, as long as it follows the three. six, nine,"tuplet" fashion.