Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Glad you liked the ending! You know what they say -- the LatiosBespinFan has a voracious appetite for jazz chords  ;D

Funny, someone one the Youtube comments made a similar remark as well about the pauses after the chord rolls. Maybe gradually bringing the tempo back up after the chord rolls would have been better to keep the flow. I guess I just liked this take best, even though it had some flaws (kinda have to when you're in the Uni practice rooms @ 10 PM, hehe). I suppose the main intent of my live covers is to dispel the notion of my sheets being impossible, which unfortunately leaves my own performance standards subpar.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Another recurring piece in the series! Unlike Boss Battle or Job Clear though, the Danger theme always has stayed virtually the same in every game. Even the 2nd version of the Gates to Infinity rendition "The Coming Danger: Arrangement" (also in this sheet music video) is just the 1st version transposed a 4th lower with 3/4 the original tempo (and some small instrumentation differences). Interestingly, the Danger theme, in all its incarnations, actually derives itself from the Sinister Woods theme of PMD Blue/Red Rescue Team (hence the PMD1 footage in the video below).
[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

Track Name                                                  Sheet Music                  Japanese               Transliteration
{NEW} 025 - The Coming Danger: Arrangement[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]せまるきょうふ アレンジ""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkIOUZiRzgE

Bespinben

#magnagatehyponosis   Egad, letting my thread slip into page 2? I better step up my game! Now bringing you the latest installment of BespinBen's PMD GtI Arrangement Project Super Complete (^o^)=b

I try to make it a point that I fully intend to work on the OST in chronological order only, but sometimes there's a track that just begs to be done immediately. "Dreams and Hopes" is one of these special few. Though the track only plays once in the entire game, I believe it's for that very reason that the emotions I associate with this song are so strong. There's a little bit of Dunsparce in all of us, desperately wanting to make a positive influence in the world, but held back by feelings of inadequacy. NeonRaxorBlade's lyrics (which I included in my sheet music at the bottom of page 2) really conveys this message well, hence why I included them.

I must admit, though it would be to appear a fairly straightforward piece of music to transcribe, this arrangement really took A LOT out of me. The second half (measures 19+) was especially challenging because frankly there's just no easy way to translate the sonorous sounds of a string ensemble to the piano. This is where I must thank Latios212 for his contribution to the arrangement, as he was able to candidly point out the shortcomings of the MANY accompaniment textures I devised for the passage, until finally arriving at the present one.

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

Track Name                             Sheet Music                    Japanese        Transliteration
{NEW} 041 - Dreams and Hopes[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]夢と希望とHope and Dream

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/041-dreams-and-hopes[/soundcloud]

Tobbeh99

Wow great work! as always Bespinben. :) 
I haven't played the game or heard much of the music but I think it's a really beautiful song and I like your arrangement in it's simplicity and accuracy. I can imagine this song being difficult to arrange at certain parts because of the strings being so blurry and unclear.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I'M SICK BUT THIS INSTANTLY MADE ME FEEL 100X BETTER <3

Thanks for taking my feedback. I love the way the second page goes now :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MandL27

Is it not on YT yet? The link in the OP is a clever disguise but doesn't work.
Are there any other instances of order-breaking in the foreseeable future?

SlowPokemon

This is a lovely arrangement, but do you have a version without the lyrics on the page I can print out? Lol
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MandL27

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 05, 2015, 04:37:43 PMThis is a lovely arrangement, but do you have a version without the lyrics on the page I can print out? Lol
If you're working with the .mus, you can edit those out and then print it.
As for the PDF, I have no idea. I haven't really worked with that file format outside of telling Finale to make it.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bespinben

Video's up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TanxinzRjHg

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 05, 2015, 04:31:10 AMWow great work! as always Bespinben. :) 
I haven't played the game or heard much of the music but I think it's a really beautiful song and I like your arrangement in it's simplicity and accuracy. I can imagine this song being difficult to arrange at certain parts because of the strings being so blurry and unclear.
I'm happy to hear that! One of my goals in video game music is to make something that anyone can appreciate, instead of just the select few that actually played a certain game.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 05, 2015, 07:46:57 AMI'M SICK BUT THIS INSTANTLY MADE ME FEEL 100X BETTER <3

Thanks for taking my feedback. I love the way the second page goes now :3
Thank YOU buckaroo! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote from: MandL27 on September 05, 2015, 10:45:51 AMIs it not on YT yet? The link in the OP is a clever disguise but doesn't work.
Are there any other instances of order-breaking in the foreseeable future?
OH HEEEEY!!! Nice to see you here. I'm glad to have the honor of being the subject of your first post :) It's on YT now -- video editing just takes waaay long. Perhaps if you ask me enough times, I'll do another song out-of-order ;) (But it better be a dang good one!)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 05, 2015, 04:37:43 PMThis is a lovely arrangement, but do you have a version without the lyrics on the page I can print out? Lol
SLOOWWW! Thank you :)
Well, you see, the lyrics also function as a solution to my measure distribution misallocation. The song doesn't always follow the 4-measure hypermeter, so by the end, I had that little tiny 2-measure half system with all that unused space. But.... I think TheMarioPianist's file works fine too, since I have a picture there still ;)
(Speaking of which, you know how hard it is to find decent PMD GtI fanart? Hahaha)

AwesomeYears

Wow, that's a beautiful remix and an astounding arrangement, I'm gonna pick this one up!

Bespinben

The moment I hit "post" is the very moment SuperPMD comes out in Japan! I hope to honor the occasion with an arrangement of one of one of the OST's best as-of-yet revealed tracks. The array of emotions it conveys is breathtaking.

Interestingly, the given title seems to be a misnomer, since
Spoiler
in the leaked LP of the game,
Spoiler
the first time this track plays is when You and your Partner are looking over Serene Village sitting under that giant tree seen in much of the pre-release artwork. Guess I'll just have to wait for these mysteries to be unveiled...
[close]
[close]

[3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (ポケモン超不思議のダンジョン):

{NEW} "Top Menu Theme":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3] [~Youtube~]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/superpmd-partners-theme[/soundcloud]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUaAszRmBbQ

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

Hold on. Maybe I can actually post something once I calm down and the shivers stop running down my spine.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 16, 2015, 09:17:46 AMYEAAAAAAAAaaaaAAaaAAAaAaAaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAaa

This post made my day. It's a beautiful arrangement, too!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.