News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

TheDreamingHawk

Despite the fact that the V Wheel was helpful in the actual game, I still avoided the wheel itself because Victini drove me insane... This collab seems interesting, so I'll give it a listen anyway, even if it'll inevitably remind me of why Victini is my least favorite out of all of the NPCs in PMD GTI. You are on a roll lately with these piano arrangements!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Tobbeh99

I'm am curious. On your arrangement of Fountain of Dreams from Super smash bros. melee, at measures 56-63 you put the higher voice in the left hand and the lower in the right hand. Why exactly?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 22, 2015, 05:17:49 PMI'm am curious. On your arrangement of Fountain of Dreams from Super smash bros. melee, at measures 56-63 you put the higher voice in the left hand and the lower in the right hand. Why exactly?
Ah! Most people tend to be more proficient with runs with their RH, and the hand-crossing gives a more "playful" feel to the passage. So, for reasons of both atmosphere and technique, I arranged it that way.

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on April 21, 2015, 03:31:25 PMDespite the fact that the V Wheel was helpful in the actual game, I still avoided the wheel itself because Victini drove me insane... This collab seems interesting, so I'll give it a listen anyway, even if it'll inevitably remind me of why Victini is my least favorite out of all of the NPCs in PMD GTI. You are on a roll lately with these piano arrangements!
Quote from: braixen1264 on April 19, 2015, 08:23:25 PMOH YOU GUYS ARRANGED THIS
OMG
AHAHAHAHAHA THANKS
Gates to Insanity
[close]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Bespinben on April 22, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Gates to Insanity
[close]

thats it it's time. GTI VICTINI FOR SMASH BROS 4 DLC!

(PS, Your theme of heaven Hope MP3 link is broken. It gives me a dropbox error when I try to download it. Just wanted to let you know

EDIT: Fixed now! Thanks for doing so.)

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Bespinben

ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ GtI soundtrack, how do you keep making classic songs of the PMD series even better?

I really do love this rendition of the Boss Battle theme though. Once you get past the heavy layers of synth and wub, there's some really cool accompaniment lines. I tried my best to pick them out and incorporate them (key word: tried). Also, special mention to JesterMusician, who's recent SSBM sheet inspired my notational choice
Spoiler
]
[close]
for the ending.

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

Track NameSheet Music                     Japanese         Transliteration
{NEW} 015 - Boss Battle        *4-hands*[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]ボスバトル!Battling the Boss!

Also, if anyone is proficient in Italian, I would like to know if my tempo marking makes sense. I was trying to say "With determination, as if fighting back-to-back"

Latios212

Hey! Stop using octave clefs! >:(

Gosh... this is so well done. I feel like my heart's going to explode from pumping too hard just when listening to the climax!! And that ending... yes XD

Quote from: Bespinben on April 27, 2015, 05:22:55 PMwub
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

TheDreamingHawk

That's very good! The song sounds normal at first, but then it picks up in intensity and doesn't stop! Seriously, that keyboard slam at the end made me jump at first since I was nervous it would drop down in intensity to wrap it all up.

That being said this arrangement reminds me of Final Battle from Ys I PCE in some ways. I wonder if my music recommendations helped?

Yug_Guy

"Con determinazione, come se
combattendo schiena contro schiena
"

Oh boy... *goes to google translate*... perhaps maybe we should stick with only Italian people would recognize?
I know that Italian is classical/the standard, but if the whole point is to tell people how to play and yet they have no idea what you're trying to say, doesn't that ruin the whole point? Idk, just my two cents.

Bespinben

Video's up! Man, discovering how to mess with opacity between video and still images is like the most fun thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-RIXt2ZlU

Quote from: Latios212 on April 27, 2015, 05:44:44 PMHey! Stop using octave clefs! >:(
I feel like my heart's going to explode from pumping too hard just when listening to the climax!!
And that's where we get into the weird part of my arranging where I let the only way to get playback right in Finale influence the proper notation of a passage... (ottava over glissandi comes out sounding very choppy). Woopsie. I'm so glad you liked the climax though! That was definitely a much needed area of repentance for me, if you look at how badly I botched it up in my PMD1 Boss Battle solo.

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 27, 2015, 05:51:06 PMIsn't that a strange page layout?
Hmm... well I do it Primal Dialga, Post Town, SML2 Credits, and a few others, so it's not a strange practice for my me! (Unless you're referring to the status quo of NSM formatting, then yes, it would be a stranger)

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on April 27, 2015, 06:14:44 PMThat's very good! The song sounds normal at first, but then it picks up in intensity and doesn't stop! Seriously, that keyboard slam at the end made me jump at first since I was nervous it would drop down in intensity to wrap it all up.

That being said this arrangement reminds me of Final Battle from Ys I PCE in some ways. I wonder if my music recommendations helped?
Curious. The French word for forearm ("avant-bras") has the same root as "avant-garde"... not a coincidence at all!  ::)
I've been looking through that OST, and definitely have enjoyed the 80s progressive rock vibe. Can't say it held much sway here though  :o

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 27, 2015, 07:15:15 PM"Con determinazione, come se
combattendo schiena contro schiena
"

Oh boy... *goes to google translate*... perhaps maybe we should stick with only Italian people would recognize?
I know that Italian is classical/the standard, but if the whole point is to tell people how to play and yet they have no idea what you're trying to say, doesn't that ruin the whole point? Idk, just my two cents.

Hehe, well, it's kind of part of my "show". I like to fit the character of the song with the sheet presentation. Our First Meeting -- accessible English and zany performance directions. Here in Boss Battle, I thought of the Italian being analogous to military codes and signals, which I felt better evoked the atmosphere I was going for.
You are definitely right though. If I were to give this to a studio musician for an extremely overpriced recording session, I would most certainly omit the "pomp" in my sheets.

Bespinben

An arrangement a day, what is this madness!?!? Back to the fingerz vs. Bespin arrange-a-thon?

I've been meaning to get around to making MUS versions of Dusk's arrangements (which atm are collecting space dust), and while looking over his GtI "Danger" arrangement for 2 pianos, I saw a way to make it a solo. So I did!

Track NameSheet Music                     Japanese         Transliteration
{NEW} 014 - Danger!          [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]せまるきょうふThe Coming Danger

JesterMusician

Quote from: Bespinben on April 27, 2015, 05:22:55 PMAlso, special mention to JesterMusician, who's recent SSBM sheet inspired my notational choice
Spoiler
]
[close]
for the ending.
D'aww, thanks! I just threw that in there because "LOL explosion, what do? PLAY ALL THE KEYS!!! 11"

Quote from: Bespinben on April 27, 2015, 05:22:55 PMAlso, if anyone is proficient in Italian, I would like to know if my tempo marking makes sense. I was trying to say "With determination, as if fighting back-to-back"
Come se is almost always followed by the past subjunctive: Si difende come se lo combattessero, "He's defending as if they were fighting him". But you don't want to be so specific as to use pronouns, so we treat the verb like a noun. In English, this is done with a gerund, but in Italian we use the infinitivo. Con determinazione, come combattere schiena contro schiena. (Disclaimer: while I am Italian, I've only taken a few courses in it, and we didn't cover either of these constructs. Regardless, I'm pretty sure this is grammatically correct.)

If you want to keep all instructions in Italian, you could say con gli avambracci / con l'avambraccio instead of "with forearm" ;)

Latios212

Quote from: Bespinben on April 28, 2015, 10:54:34 PMAn arrangement a day, what is this madness!?!? Back to the fingerz vs. Bespin arrange-a-thon?

I've been meaning to get around to making MUS versions of Dusk's arrangements (which atm are collecting space dust), and while looking over his GtI "Danger" arrangement for 2 pianos, I saw a way to make it a solo. So I did!

Hey, feels just like "Sinister Woods" from PMD1! As always, I'm loving all this PMD work. I can't wait for Dusk's arrangements to be MUS-ified, they really deserve it! (Wait a minute, what am I even waiting for? I can start printing and playing them already :P)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Aww Gurdurr, poor baby...

I went into this one thinking it would just be cleaning up Braixen's arrangement and making it look pretty, but I ended up taking a whole different route all together. Big difference mostly was incorporating all the chimey overtones instead of reducing it to just the fundamental pitches, and various other Bespin-i-fi-ca-tions.

Oh, and I composed a proper ending too yaaaay!

Track NameSheet Music                    Japanese          Transliteration
{NEW} 016 - Desperation (Light Arrangement)    [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]絶望 ライトアレンジDespair: Light Arrangement

Quote from: Latios212 on April 29, 2015, 06:25:51 PMHey, feels just like "Sinister Woods" from PMD1! As always, I'm loving all this PMD work. I can't wait for Dusk's arrangements to be MUS-ified, they really deserve it! (Wait a minute, what am I even waiting for? I can start printing and playing them already :P)
Sinister Woods minus the boss violin solo, but yes ;)

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 29, 2015, 03:44:51 AM*Italian stuff for Boss Battle*
If you want to keep all instructions in Italian, you could say con gli avambracci / con l'avambraccio instead of "with forearm" ;)
Yes!!! Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed to know. Online translators just never seem to pick-up on syntax all that well.