News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: InsigTurtle on March 30, 2015, 03:28:51 PMWait... so you need to use the left pedal without muting? I thought it was supposed to mute :?
*confused turtle*
Ah! Allow me to explain. As you picked up, "senza sordino" means "without mute". This is, in effect, a backwards way of saying "depress the damper pedal" (aka the sustain pedal), since by doing so, one lifts the mutes (the felt dampers) off of the piano strings, thus allowing them to continuously vibrate.
The phrase "una corda" refers to the "soft pedal" on the left end of the piano. Common household spinet pianos don't have a true soft pedal, as the function of the pedal is to shift the action ever so slightly that the hammers strike only 1 or 2 of the total 3 strings of each piano tone, whereas this faux-version just simply decreases the distance from the starting position of the hammers between the strings.

Of course, I could have just written "always with pedal", but that would ruin the poetic value in my sheet  ::)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Even a barebones one-line song like this deserves a fair treatment, complete with pencils, fist slams, and fingering a la Schroeder! Please enjoy my newest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon arrangement on this fine day of April 1st.

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

"Pokémon Paradise 1":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMws_1xZ6o

Latios212

I thoroughly enjoyed that [emoji14]

New challenge: PLAY THE REST OF YOUR ARRANGEMENTS USING PENCILS
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on April 01, 2015, 09:53:49 PM
Spoiler
Even a barebones one-line song like this deserves a fair treatment, complete with pencils, fist slams, and fingering a la Schroeder! Please enjoy my newest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon arrangement on this fine day of April 1st.

"Pokémon Paradise 1":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMws_1xZ6o
[close]

Pencil, huh? My lawyer will contact you!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Wonderfully nostalgic song for a wonderfully joyful Easter day :D I always liked the original Pallet Town theme from Red/Blue/Yellow version, but the FRLG arrangement takes the polyphony to a whole new level! That said, in this expanded version I had to do a little bit of "creative condensing", that way instead of juggling 5 melodically independent lines you're only juggling 3 or 4. This is also marks my first time using Deku's special "retro-formatting" template for my personal arrangements, so you'll see the sheet have that distinctive "pre-digital age" engraved look (granted, I did put it landscape though, so... XD). Enjoy~
#genwunner4life

[GB] Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen:

{NEW} "Pallet Town":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Quote from: Xaoz on April 02, 2015, 01:14:13 PMPencil, huh? My lawyer will contact you!
Quote from: Latios212 on April 01, 2015, 09:58:13 PMI thoroughly enjoyed that [emoji14]
New challenge: PLAY THE REST OF YOUR ARRANGEMENTS USING PENCILS
With something as hum-drum as that, I had to do SOMETHING to prevent me from falling asleep while recording  ::)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

Gee, I'm always pleasantly surprised at whatever you decide to do next ^^

I really like the way this one sounds. I've always been disappointed that there are no FR/LG sheets on site since I've always thought it would be cool to play different versions of the same song.

Again... I really like this... :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

....aaaaand it's online!
---------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXc0iO20qoU

:O :O O :O NEBBLES!!!! Thanks so much. I actually almost used your Pokémon Red LP for my Youtube video (below), but since it was 140p....
I really wanted to though!

@Latios -- I know! I think Shadoninja arranged the FRLG credits iirc, but he may have never submitted it (like a lot of forum gold).

Sebastian

Excellent work, Bespinben! I always love seeing your new songs :)

Yug_Guy

"Con nostalgia dei vecchi tempi"
Getting pretty fancy with our Italian, huh?
(BTW nice job!)

DonValentino

Bespinben

My bossification is complete! If any would like to hear a sneak peek before contest submissions are due, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly oblige. Just be warned about MIDI playback sounding like Trubbish.

I finally got my "Voice in the Dreams" video up! I've been experimenting with a lot of different video presentation styles, so if you have any input as to how I can improve this (sheets should be more prominent, video footage is distracting, thumbnails are misleading, etc.), please let me know! Of course, musical feedback is appreciated too, but I already solicited that a page ago when I first posted the sheet (don't want to be greedy :P)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvZQ2DARhA

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 05, 2015, 08:53:17 PM"Con nostalgia dei vecchi tempi"
Getting pretty fancy with our Italian, huh?
(BTW nice job!)
Thanks! I thought it would be a fun little inside joke for us genwunners. Glad you caught on  ;D

Latios212

For thumbnails, I think custom thumbnails are the perfect balance because they are more eye-catching than a screenshot of just the sheet music but don't detract from the focus - the music. I think the thumbnail for this one is a bit cluttered. So essentially, yeah, ones like that of "Our First Meeting" are my favorite.

As for the video itself, this presentation is good. It doesn't feel too cluttered when watching the video, and the sheet never disappears from the video (as it does in the second half of some of your other ones.) Oh, and the top right part is static here, but you could use it for anything else you want to insert, like performance in "Pokémon Paradise 1" or maybe commentary - think "Our First Meeting" but being able to follow along with the sheet at the same time.

Cool stuff you're doing :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Two imaginary scenes where I'd like to hear this played:
*Fighting Team ACT
*Giving Gengar a beatdown for trying to get the town to murder me

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team

"Fugitives Last Stand" (Rock Band ~BOSSIFICATION~)":
   ~based on "Run Away / Fugitives Theme"
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhK6F_I_q_A

Quote from: Latios212 on April 12, 2015, 01:55:43 PM~video formatting critique~
Thanks! It's funny, some people have told me they *like* having the video segment separate from the sheet, but then a few people like you say having them simultaneous is better as long as the sheet stays predominant. I like it simultaneous now that I've tried it, but I noticed for arrangements that need large, tall screenshots (like my rock band sheet above), there's no room for simultaneous footage. So, I guess it depends on the situation ultimately haha  ::)

Bespinben

No Victini I am not wasting my money to buy more of your "beautiful face" to put on the V-Wheel -_-

Brought to you by the collaborated efforts of Latios212 and myself, please enjoy our arrangement~
(and please, comment on his thread, not mine ;) I just spruced up the sheet)

Track NameSheet Music                     Japanese         Transliteration
{NEW} 030 - V-Wheeeeeel!!!          [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]∨ルーレット!V-Roulette!