News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bespinben on February 13, 2015, 05:14:44 PM*Sheet post*
Nice work. This is just a small suggestion, but I'm not a big fan of the way that repeat in the first line obscures the 6-bar phrasing.

Bespinben

Thank you!

Ah! I see what you mean. I guess mostly Xaoz and I were trying to keep everything all on one page. I suppose I could fit a 5th system on here with some tinkering... but with a procrastinated essay due in a few hours, I may have to delay trying it out immediately :P
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

By default, Finale sets the staves too far apart, so reducing that space helps. Stems on beamed quavers when using multiple layers are also too long by default as well, so shrinking those a bit can give you more space than you thought you had.

Bespinben

YouTube vid is now up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWZ_OMk-umg

(I'm still wondering if I should use the art or just a screenshot of the sheet for the thumbnail as per norm... Hmm...)

Maelstrom

Wonderful video! How do you go about making those? I might make some of my own.

Bespinben

It's pretty simple. I take screenshots of the PDF of my sheet, import those into a video editing program (I just use Windows Movie Maker), and then I import a pre-processed audio file of my song in MP3 or WAV into the video editor and manually synchronize each screenshot with how long the music lasts for the measures presented. That's the gist of it, unless you want to get into the separate steps I take for mastering the audio and whatnot (because no one likes MIDI sounds lol).

Xaoz

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 14, 2015, 09:12:57 AMWonderful video! How do you go about making those? I might make some of my own.

It is simple:

Spoiler
Quote from: Bespinben on February 14, 2015, 09:12:57 AMFirst go like this, spin around. Stop! Double take three times: one, two, three. Theeeen PELVIC THRUST! Whoooo! Whooooooo! Stop on your right foot, DON'T FORGET IT! Now its time to bring it around town. Bring-it-a-round-town. Then you do this, then this, and this, and that, and-this-and-that-and-this-and-that, and then... *poof*

That's how you do it.
[close]

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bespinben on February 14, 2015, 10:42:37 AMThat's the gist of it, unless you want to get into the separate steps I take for mastering the audio and whatnot (because no one likes MIDI sounds lol).
This I would like to know. I value audio a little more than visual....

Bespinben

Well, first off, you're going to want to some way to play soundfonts (typically .sf2 form) over your MIDI file. A good DAW should have this function - I'd recommend FL Studio, since the trial expiration only prevents you from saving a project file, but still lets you export your work. I bypass this step altogether when I'm feeling lazy by just plugging my MIDI into another notation program like Sibelius, and using that program's native sounds.
You're also going to want a straight up audio editor like Audacity. You'll need this to convert your raw WAV files to MP3. It's usually a good idea, even if you have something that exports MP3 right away, to put it into Audacity so you can maximize the amplitude of the waveforms. Fade out tool is pretty fun too if I don't have an ending composed for a song :3

Maelstrom

late response
I think I got most of it figured out, except for one part. Where are the .sf2 soundfonts in FL Studio? I think I may only have one or two, so how do I get better ones?

Bespinben

.sf2 files are downloaded separately from wherever you can find them on the internet. You play them via "fruity soundfont player". I have a folder on my desktop with the PMD1 Blue/Red Rescue Team soundfonts -- that's a lot fun.

Bespinben

This time on Bespin-Ball-Z...

My gosh, I love this game's soundtrack <3 <3 <3 This song just teems with that lovely unabashed bravado so characteristic of PMD music. Dusk already made a really good solo version of this during my absence, so I wanted to respect his work by doing my own 4-hands arrangement! Enjoy~

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

{NEW} "Stony Cave" (4-hands duet):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[MP3]

Bespinben

Xaoz

The tripple post! Look how much feedback you get, when I am not involved in your arrangements! That's right: None!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

there's an alternate reasoning for that that some could point out :P
unmotivated