Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on February 07, 2015, 09:57:56 PMI hope to play this one day!

I went through the piece a few times on my piano (very... very... very... slowly) and wow, does it sound great! ;D

I must ask about playability though... how would you recommend playing the LH part of measures 9, 44, and 58? Playing it exactly as written looks literally impossible. Am I supposed to smash the keys with my face? ???
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

K-NiGhT

Bespinben's arrangements aren't known for their playability lol.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Latios212

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 08, 2015, 03:41:07 PMBespinben's arrangements aren't known for their playability lol.
Quote from: Xaoz on February 08, 2015, 03:49:17 PMWelcome to NSM!

Yeah I know... as of right now I can play only the simplest of Bespinben's arrangements. XD
But this piece is especially nice... I really wanna play it (even if it may just be the case that the first page and a half wants me to believe that this arrangement is almost playable).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Woah. Real people playing my stuff. Crazy.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 08, 2015, 03:41:07 PMBespinben's arrangements aren't known for their playability lol.
I'm trying to change that! (little bit at a time)

Quote from: Latios212 on February 08, 2015, 03:37:33 PMhow would you recommend playing the LH part of measures 9, 44, and 58?
What I employ here is a notation that is common to romantic era piano music. I have yet to find a name for it, so we'll just call it "sustained arpeggiated grace note". I first encountered in Maestro's Rainbow Road arrangement, and then found it spewn over piano literature. One example is in Malotte's "The Lord's Prayer"

Latios is right in that these passages can't be played exactly as written. It's not possible to play them in strict time, so you have to think of there being a bit of an unwritten ritard. based on how quickly you can get from the grace note to the principal note.

As for my arrangement, m. 9 and m. 44 you have a lot of lee way for how long to make that jump, but m. 58 you really have to be quick.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

You should do a mash-up of this piece and Parting (or Run Away?) from the first game. It feels like they would work well together :3
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

Bespinben

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 08, 2015, 05:02:36 PMYou should do a mash-up of this piece and Parting (or Run Away?) from the first game. It feels like they would work well together :3
Someone already did it :O

Oh, and while I'm linking videos, I'll link myself  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmhWqcK8Yw

Xaoz

I have to admit, I have been listening to this arrangement for atleast 5 hours now :D

Bespinben

In celebration of Majora's Mask 3D, Xaoz and Bespinben united to form a new entity - XaozBespinbenFan - and have created a new arrangement: "Calling the Four Giants" (aka 2nd half of "Oath to Order"). May wisdow shine upon you all.

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

{NEW} "Calling the Four Giants":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[MP3]

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

Next arrangement session of Bespinben and me will be next friday! He does not know it yet, but I am confident in my ability to annoy the **** out of people, until they give in!

Bespinben

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 13, 2015, 07:35:32 PMso when's the next update

Well, we got 14 accepted sheets in the queue already, so really just whenever Deku or I feel like clicking the button!

(Are you perhaps insinuating something....?)

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 13, 2015, 07:35:32 PMso when's the next update
When brassman finally finishes fixing my arrangement of Serpent Devouring the Horizon. There will be a revolt if it is not accepted by the next update.