News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: SocialFox on September 26, 2012, 06:03:18 PMUhh...
Ben, you should be a bit more careful with making PDf's, I accadently found out your real name.

What is shown in Document Properties of a PDF is the name of the account on the PC on which the file was created, which may or may not be an indication of the user's actual name. Since it is very common for several people to share the same computer within a household, whatever is written in the "Author" tag of the Document Properties is a poor indicator of the name of the actual creator of the file.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 26, 2012, 07:49:47 PMWhat is this I read about Dancing Mad? :P

Quote from: Bespinben on September 26, 2012, 12:51:19 AMThe most epic song ever created, now reduced for solo piano!
Quote from: SocialFox on September 26, 2012, 06:16:02 PMdancingmadisstillbetter

The idea is that, while I think the final boss music of PMD2 is the most epic ever, Social thinks the final boss music from FFVI is better. I can't say one is better than the other, since to my ears, these are two very different kinds of epic. Apples and oranges here.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bespinben on September 26, 2012, 10:07:52 PMThe idea is that, while I think the final boss music of PMD2 is the most epic ever, Social thinks the final boss music from FFVI is better. I can't say one is better than the other, since to my ears, these are two very different kinds of epic. Apples and oranges here.
It's hard to pinpoint a "best" final boss music because it depends on the mood of the battle and what the composer is trying to capture. And, as you mentioned, the person who is listening to it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

BESPINBEN vs. FINGERZ!!! (Second entry)

A long unfulfilled request by spitllama, I present my latest transcription - the theme of Mt. Coronet from Pokémon DPPt! This theme is noteworthy not only for its complexity, but also because of how well it portrays the urgency of the situation (that is, if you don't get to the peak soon, Cyrus is going to summon the deities of time and space and destroy the universe as we know it in order to build it anew and assert himself as the God thereof). Fun stuff.

[DS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum:

"Mt. Coronet":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

fingerz

Ooooh, I see how it is... :P
So we're gonna start from yesterday, are we? Alright then. XD

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on September 26, 2012, 12:51:19 AMBESPINBEN vs. FINGERZ!!!
I thought it was you against me with this one :/
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 26, 2012, 04:01:01 PM:D Thank you! Ive been trying to teach my mom piano so we can play the duet, since my sister cant learn piano. It turns out that neither can my mom, so now I dont need it :D
What about my arrangement? D:

I feel ignored...

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 27, 2012, 03:47:26 AMI thought it was you against me with this one :/

That was indicated in the title of the PM I sent you. I kicked off my arranging contest against fingerz with that arrangement, hence the large and bolded "bespinben vs fingerz".

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 27, 2012, 03:47:26 AMWhat about my arrangement? D:
I feel ignored...

Bubbles arrived here on NSM far after the date of the completion of your reduction of my duet.

FSM-Reapr

spitllama

WOW. That is an amazing arrangement. It sounds like nothing was lost from duet to solo arrangement. You really got all the voices in there. So excited to play this. Thanks again!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 27, 2012, 03:47:26 AMI thought it was you against me with this one :/What about my arrangement? D:

I feel ignored...
D: I feel bad now. Ill probably end up printing both of your arrangements and picking and choosing what parts of the songs I like and morphing them together

MoboMoga

It was amazing Bespinben..I was not dissapointed!
However, in measure 41, if you listen to the original song more carefully, the fourth 16th note is actually extended to include the space for the half note.
But amazing all the same. :)

Bespinben

BESPINBEN vs. FINGERZ!!! (THIRD entry)

SSBM's "Menu 1" is probably one of the best "menu/character select" themes out there imo. It's a shame it got butchered in Brawl. Here's the transcription~

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee:

"Menu 1":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: spitllama on September 27, 2012, 12:08:24 PMWOW. That is an amazing arrangement. It sounds like nothing was lost from duet to solo arrangement. You really got all the voices in there. So excited to play this. Thanks again!
Thanks! Looks like I achieved my goal then. Have fun! (and watch those funky rhythms)

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on September 27, 2012, 06:05:55 AMFixed :P
Also I love this music. <3 Can't wait to play this.
Good fix.
...and awesome! Glad you like it.

Quote from: MoboMoga on September 27, 2012, 08:35:50 PMIt was amazing Bespinben..I was not dissapointed!
However, in measure 41, if you listen to the original song more carefully, the fourth 16th note is actually extended to include the space for the half note.
But amazing all the same. :)
Ah good! I don't like disappointing.
Well... that's kind of hard to tell. Sounds to me like the measure is slightly extended towards the end, but that's probably due to the ritardando.

Jompa

Bespin, really great arrangement! Beautiful! If I weren't so tired right now, I'd probably write this in caps and with a lot of exclamation marks, so it's really good, despite my lame post. yawn

Also Bespin - do you think I can exploit your arrangement to make it for another type of ensemble, and perform it? I'll credit you, for what it's worth? :)
Birdo for Smash