Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Bespinben on September 17, 2012, 01:47:25 AMBeen working on this for too long, so tonight I finally decided to just stay up late until I had completely finished it. AND HERE IT IS! The ultra epic cinematic intro to one of the best games ever - Super Smash Bros. Melee! Enjoy~

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee

"Opening":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[Youtube][/url]
Awesome job! So climatic and all that good stuff.
and HG/SS National Park, I requested that like so long ago! xD
Keep up the good work!
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Bespinben

I'm having alot of fun doing these Melee replacements :D Corneria just happens to be one of my favorite stages to fight on, so I figured I'd make a new arrangement for that one next. I really like how part of the song borrows from the original main theme of Star Fox (the SNES one) - it's really moving.

"Corneria":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on September 19, 2012, 05:37:44 PMAwesome job! So climatic and all that good stuff.
and HG/SS National Park, I requested that like so long ago! xD
Keep up the good work!
Wow thanks!
I really am trying to get around to finishing National Park, I promise ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bespinben on September 19, 2012, 06:54:45 PMI'm having alot of fun doing these Melee replacements :D Corneria just happens to be one of my favorite stages to fight on, so I figured I'd make a new arrangement for that one next. I really like how part of the song borrows from the original main theme of Star Fox (the SNES one) - it's really moving.

I see what you did there. ;)
DO A BARREL ROLL
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on September 20, 2012, 06:20:17 PMHas anyone tried typing that into Google?
It only works on browsers like Google Chrome (and Firefox??). Fortunately, though, we have it installed... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

There are alot of moving parts in the SSBM Hyrule Temple theme. As such, my transcription below probably could be considered fairly difficult, due to how I arranged the parts to fit into 2-hands.

(Due to spacing issues, I have hidden the pedal markings and have written "con pedale" in text. The phrasing, articulation, and layers should hopefully indicate my pedaling intentions. Also, I have purposefully used improper rhythm notation at measures 32-33 to reduce notational clutter.)

"Hyrule Temple":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 19, 2012, 07:22:12 PMI see what you did there. ;)
DO A BARREL ROLL

Glad you noticed ;) I just couldn't help but sneak it in there.

Jompa

I wanna see someone perform that, and I wanna see it NOOWWWW EPIC!!!
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

In measure 8, (left hand run) I think you messed up your fingering. Finger 1 is your thumb... for both hands. Finger 5 is always your pinkie.

I don't recall two paired grace notes in measures 36-40. I think there's only one grace note per phrase.

I don't recall the first few measures. Was that added? To be honest, if it's an arrangement, I don't think anything extra should be added (melody-wise anyways).

Measures 20, 22, and 24 have that little delay in the right hand. I know you just put it in there to spice it up a bit, but maybe try putting the lowest note of the right hand octaves right on the beat, and delaying the top note. Sort of making a little sparkle sound. I must confess I do that when playing this song. (the original from Zelda II)

That's all I have to say. Well done! It looks and sounds great! (Of course, with the exception of those little things) Great enough that it put the full finale up high on my wish list.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bespinben

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 01:01:36 PMIn measure 8, (left hand run) I think you messed up your fingering. Finger 1 is your thumb... for both hands. Finger 5 is always your pinkie.
Sorry, brain-fart XD Somehow I got my fingers reversed in my mind. Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 01:01:36 PMI don't recall two paired grace notes in measures 36-40. I think there's only one grace note per phrase.
The echoing of the treble synth makes the discernment difficult. Both interpretations seem valid.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 01:01:36 PMI don't recall the first few measures. Was that added? To be honest, if it's an arrangement, I don't think anything extra should be added (melody-wise anyways).
The first few measures are derived from the introduction of the Hyrule Temple orchestration from the official "Smashing Live" soundtrack that many Nintendo Power subs received some time ago:

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 01:01:36 PMMeasures 20, 22, and 24 have that little delay in the right hand. I know you just put it in there to spice it up a bit, but maybe try putting the lowest note of the right hand octaves right on the beat, and delaying the top note. Sort of making a little sparkle sound. I must confess I do that when playing this song. (the original from Zelda II)
Listening to the original, there seems to be a delay between the synth bass and the (piano?) octaves, so it wasn't me trying to spice it up, rather me trying to better emulate the original.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 01:01:36 PMThat's all I have to say. Well done! It looks and sounds great! (Of course, with the exception of those little things) Great enough that it put the full finale up high on my wish list.
Thank you very much! It's nice to get some solid critique for once :) (that is, on my thread here. I get plenty of it on the submissions update thread)

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bespinben on September 21, 2012, 02:48:39 PMThe first few measures are derived from the introduction of the Hyrule Temple orchestration from the official "Smashing Live" soundtrack that many Nintendo Power subs received some time ago:
Sure, but honestly, I don't think it really should be there for an actual game version. I would think that a lot of people like me who haven't heard the Smashing... Live! version will hear the beginning and be a bit confused...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2012, 04:20:23 PMSure, but honestly, I don't think it really should be there for an actual game version. I would think that a lot of people like me who haven't heard the Smashing... Live! version will hear the beginning and be a bit confused...

Following your logic, all added optional endings should be removed too. I think that if the song from the game is completely arranged, then an extra part is welcome.

Example: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheets/SuperMario/MarioKart64/StaffRoll.pdf

Bespinben

BESPINBEN vs. FINGERZ!!!

Several months of on-and-off work, and I've finally done it! The most epic song ever created, now reduced for solo piano! Enjoy~

(Note: The notational convention that dotted note values cannot be side-by-side within duple meter has purposefully been broken in my transcription. This is to emphasize the underlying 16/16 pulse [that is, {3+3+2}+{3+3+2}/16]. Other factors have also contributed to this decision, but are too lengthy to list.)

(Note 2: My transcription here is not a reduced version of my previous duet arrangement. I took a completely different route in emulating the original song.)

[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

"Primal Dialga" / "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Yugi

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy you're doing PMD arrangements again.
What's the next RRT/BRT song you are going to do.
dancingmadisbetterthough

Bubbles

:D Thank you! Ive been trying to teach my mom piano so we can play the duet, since my sister cant learn piano. It turns out that neither can my mom, so now I dont need it :D

Yugi

Uhh...
Ben, you should be a bit more careful with making PDf's, I accadently found out your real name.