Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

First, I'd like to thank Jompa, Clanker, and Bubbles for their kind remarks on my previous arrangement.

Before I post my new arrangement, I'm going to elaborate a little on the how and why of its construction. Earlier this year, our good friend fingerz arranged "Heartwarming" from PMD2 (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky), which is identical to the song "Awakening" from PMD1, save for slightly different soundfonts and voice leading. Being determined to arrange the entire OST of PMD1, I found myself in an odd spot with "Awakening", since fingerz had already made a transcription of it, essentially, and a good one at that. So, today, I found my resolution - I would simply make a slight re-arrangement of the song akin to my treatment of "Friend Area ~ Forest". Enjoy~

(The setting I had in mind while I made my "re-arrangement" below was one in which the Player and his or her Partner, later after saving the world, were reminiscing over old memories, one of them being "Hey, remember when I found you in the woods, and this first thing you said was 'Hey, a talking Pokemon!'?"? With this in mind, I opted to try to emulate a more nostalgic feeling to the arrangement, and reduce some of the more quirky aspects of the original song).

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Awakening":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jompa

I don't feel worthy of complimenting this (fucking beautiful) arrangement.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Arceus79 on August 23, 2012, 02:39:23 PMI never understood the MUs. What is the MUS file for?

Godddd are you serious

Quote from: Bespinben on August 28, 2012, 02:40:34 AMFirst, I'd like to thank Jompa, Clanker, and Bubbles for their kind remarks on my previous arrangement.

Before I post my new arrangement, I'm going to elaborate a little on the how and why of its construction. Earlier this year, our good friend fingerz arranged "Heartwarming" from PMD2 (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky), which is identical to the song "Awakening" from PMD1, save for slightly different soundfonts and voice leading. Being determined to arrange the entire OST of PMD1, I found myself in an odd spot with "Awakening", since fingerz had already made a transcription of it, essentially, and a good one at that. So, today, I found my resolution - I would simply make a slight re-arrangement of the song akin to my treatment of "Friend Area ~ Forest". Enjoy~

(The setting I had in mind while I made my "re-arrangement" below was one in which the Player and his or her Partner, later after saving the world, were reminiscing over old memories, one of them being "Hey, remember when I found you in the woods, and this first thing you said was 'Hey, a talking Pokemon!'?"? With this in mind, I opted to try to emulate a more nostalgic feeling to the arrangement, and reduce some of the more quirky aspects of the original song).

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Awakening":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I did enjoy it greatly. <3 that song.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

An exhaustive labor of 4 well-focused days, but well worth it! It was really fun arranging what is, in my opinion, one of the best renditions of the iconic Title Theme of Pokémon. Enjoy~

(The sheet is in "landscape" layout so as to preserve the underlying hypermeter)

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
"Title: Main Theme":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: Jompa on August 28, 2012, 06:56:21 AMI don't feel worthy of complimenting this (fucking beautiful) arrangement.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2012, 08:02:49 AMI did enjoy it greatly. <3 that song.

Dawww thanks guys!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

Nice theme...
But are you sure it's the right theme. I remember something else as the title theme.

And Why are you leaving?

Bespinben

Quote from: SocialFox on September 07, 2012, 04:47:59 PMNice theme...
But are you sure it's the right theme. I remember something else as the title

It's the right one. I used the official OST release as the source:

Quote from: SocialFox on September 07, 2012, 04:47:59 PMAnd Why are you leaving?

That is detailed within the following topic: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=851.885

SlowPokemon

Actually, the Title for Emerald is a slightly different arrangement. It was released on the fourth disc of the Black 2/White 2 soundtrack, which contained unreleased music from Emerald and Platinum. The track is "Title (Emerald)" and indeed it is a slightly different arrangement. So, you should edit your arrangement to simply read "Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire" if it is not already that.

Edit: In addition, it was composed by Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose, not simply Ichinose. On another note (no pun intended) did you even attempt to make this playable?

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 07, 2012, 09:03:43 PMActually, the Title for Emerald is a slightly different arrangement. It was released on the fourth disc of the Black 2/White 2 soundtrack, which contained unreleased music from Emerald and Platinum. The track is "Title (Emerald)" and indeed it is a slightly different arrangement. So, you should edit your arrangement to simply read "Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire" if it is not already that.
Compare the following track from the 4th disc of the BW2 OST to the RS OST track in my previous post:
Same exact arrangement, same exact soundfonts. Only difference is the BW2 OST track is higher fidelity.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 07, 2012, 09:03:43 PMEdit: In addition, it was composed by Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose, not simply Ichinose.
You are correct. I will check my sources better next time.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 07, 2012, 09:03:43 PMOn another note (no pun intended) did you even attempt to make this playable?
Of course. I wouldn't have provided detailed playing instructions regarding pedaling, hand placement (ex: m. 20-21), or hand crossing (ex: m. 50-53) if I had not given thought to the manner of execution. Nevertheless, I do see where you're coming from. Those 16th note runs in the the "brillante" and "un poco meno mosso" sections are very intimidating.

SlowPokemon

On second thought, the differences are so subtle it's hardly worth marking it differently. A separate arrangement for Emerald would be pretty much the same. Though to be honest I doubt an arrangement this difficult will be accepted to the site ;P I still think that you might mark it differently though, because it is originally from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and appears on that OST. It really isn't a big deal though.

And yeahhhh if I have one assurance with even songs on my iPod, the original composer is credited O_O which really annoys me with like Super Mario 3D Land where that's impossible to determine.

Bespinben

YEAAAAHH first ever Pokemon Ranger piano sheet on the internet!!!

[DS] Pokémon Ranger
"Ending Story":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[Youtube][/url]

Yugi

Bubbles

I loved the amazingness of the Emerald song :3. I might have to replay Pokemon Ranger because I forget how the ending song actually goes, and listening to it on youtube wont give me the same effect. Oh and btw I actually laughed out loud when I heard the PMD jingles and sound effects on your youtube channel using the PMD violin. Is that a choice as an instrument in finale?

Bespinben

Quote from: SocialFox on September 09, 2012, 05:41:52 PMGive this person a Medal!
Haha, I'll be sure to pin it on my Boy Scout merit badge sash :P

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 09, 2012, 07:57:39 PMI loved the amazingness of the Emerald song :3. I might have to replay Pokemon Ranger because I forget how the ending song actually goes, and listening to it on youtube wont give me the same effect. Oh and btw I actually laughed out loud when I heard the PMD jingles and sound effects on your youtube channel using the PMD violin. Is that a choice as an instrument in finale?
I think my RSE Title Theme arrangement, though very difficult, serves as a nice contrast to my easier arrangements of late (like PMD "Awakening"). I'm glad you liked it.

I included video footage of the scene in which the song plays in my Youtube video of the Pokemon Ranger "Ending Story", if that helps.

Ahahaha! Glad you liked my little bonus on Fanfares Collection. The PMD violin sound has to be manually ripped from the game, but thankfully I found a person who already ripped the PMD soundfonts, so I just downloaded his soundfont rip. What I did was I imported the MIDI of my Fanfares Collection arrangement into FL Studio, overlayed the PMD violin soundfont to it, and then exported it as an MP3.