News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: SocialFox on August 21, 2012, 10:20:06 PMJust a question, where does this play in the Game?

It plays usually when Team Meanies (Gengar and company) trolls you. I think it also plays at the very beginning of the game when Butterfree comes up to you is all "save my baby!"
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

I know I just posted a new PMD arrangement, but if intend to achieve my goal of finishing the PMD1 OST before I leave, I'm going to have to up my arrangement output. That said, I prepared two new arrangements today. Both are very obscure songs from the game, but I still like them. "The Other Side" is the song that plays when you're dead and your spirit is drifting through the nether after Rayquaza destroys the meteor atop Sky Tower. It's very eerie, and I had VERY hard time deciphering if it had a discernable meter. "Aftermath" is the song that plays when everyone is celebrating that the world is saved, and is proceeded by "Parting".

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Other Side":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

"Aftermath":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2012, 07:00:21 PMWhat day do you leave again, Bespinben?

October 24th.

Btw, do you have any thoughts on my PMD "There's Trouble" arrangement? That's the one I'm questioning most in terms of accidentals right now.

SlowPokemon

Surveying it, all accidentals look okay but the text "go to measure 8" and "go to measure 12" should be deleted, because you're essentially telling the player to move on to the next measure. It's a bit self-explanatory; someone playing a piece like this should grasp the concept of first and second endings, and if it's that much of a problem, you could always repaste the same measures to avoid confusion.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2012, 07:15:30 PMSurveying it, all accidentals look okay but the text "go to measure 8" and "go to measure 12" should be deleted, because you're essentially telling the player to move on to the next measure. It's a bit self-explanatory; someone playing a piece like this should grasp the concept of first and second endings, and if it's that much of a problem, you could always repaste the same measures to avoid confusion.

XD haha those "go to" markings are just hidden playback facilitators - they don't show up when you print the document. I have to write those because of the way Finale processes repeats systems if I don't want the 2nd playthrough after the "D.S. al Fine" to skip the first ending of the 1st and 2nd endings in the playback.

SlowPokemon

Yugi

Quote from: Bespinben on August 22, 2012, 07:09:16 PMOctober 24th.

Btw, do you have any thoughts on my PMD "There's Trouble" arrangement? That's the one I'm questioning most in terms of accidentals right now.
Forever or temporarily?

Bespinben

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Arceus79

Master of Wind: Arceus79

Bespinben

Quote from: Arceus79 on August 23, 2012, 01:26:15 PMWhat happened to the PDF and Mid files? I liked using those...

I had reached the character limit in my first post, which had been taken up primarily by long url=file/url links from MUS, MIDI, and PDF attachments, so I had to downsize and use ZIP.

However, I still post new arrangements with MUS, MIDI, and PDF links, but as for the first page in my thread, all use ZIP.

Arceus79

Master of Wind: Arceus79

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Arceus79 on August 23, 2012, 02:39:23 PMI never understood the MUs. What is the MUS file for?

You know how if you save a document in Microsoft Word, it saves it as a .doc or .docx file? Finale is just the same way. An .mus file is simply the original music score document that you make in Finale.

Finale is the music notation software that everyone around here uses to make sheet music, btw.