Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

I hear the bass now. Couldn't listen at work, bad for real analysis. Oops.
Yeah, that all makes sense. They function the same either way, the passing notes.

Bespinben

I was feeling nostalgic today, so I decided to arrange a good ol' N64 classic - the main theme of Starfox 64! Of course, there is probably some debate as to which particular song from the game constitutes the main theme, but I like to consider "Start Demo 1" as being that, as you hear it EVERY time you start a mission, and it presents a leitmotif used in other compositions in the game.

[N64] Star Fox 64:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Start Demo 1 (Starfox Main Theme)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Not quite as nostalgic for me as the "File Select" from PMD1 Blue Rescue Team, but it's still a very cute and endearing song that I like very much. Enjoy~

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2: "Top Menu Theme" / "Preparing to Explore (File Select):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

FSM-Reapr

It feels worrying, that you do so much other songs while you're doing my requests. I'm just worrying that can you do them on time.  :-\

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

How's it going?   ;)

(sorry, if I'm kinda pushy, but this means the world to me.)

Bespinben

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 01, 2012, 05:53:36 AMHow's it going?   ;)

(sorry, if I'm kinda pushy, but this means the world to me.)

I spent all day yesterday writing up a piano transcription of "Sharpedo Bluff". Too many parts AAAGH...

Quote from: spitllama on July 30, 2012, 07:30:46 AMCould you put an 8va on measures 7 and 8?

I could do that, but considering the highest note in that section is an F 3 ledger lines above the treble staff, I personally find the usage of ottava unnecessary.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bespinben on August 01, 2012, 08:26:36 AMI spent all day yesterday writing up a piano transcription of "Sharpedo Bluff". Too many parts AAAGH...

Just remember that we also need time to practice. Now you regret that you wasted precious time arranging "Top Menu Theme" and "Start Demo 1, don't you? ;P

spitllama

Well, it's your decision. I personally think it will make it look cleaner and will be easier to sight-read right off the bat. At least that's what I found when I was playing it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 01, 2012, 08:34:55 AMJust remember that we also need time to practice. Now you regret that you wasted precious time arranging "Top Menu Theme" and "Start Demo 1, don't you? ;P

Why would you say that? Let the arrangers do their thing at their own pace. He's contributing other pieces that are just as important, I don't think that's wasting time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 09:53:23 PMWhy would you say that? Let the arrangers do their thing at their own pace. He's contributing other pieces that are just as important, I don't think that's wasting time.

I'm making arrangements for FSM to play at his wedding gig, which is coming up very soon. He'll be making about 7000 dollars from it, so it is very important that I complete his requests in a timely manner.

FSM keeps a blog about it here: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4597.0

FSM-Reapr

Bespinben

FSM-Reapr

6000 EUROS, 9000 USD. Believe it or not.

EDIT: Now I got that, :P

Arceus79

I'm really glad that list is there. I like knowing which of my favourite songs have been arranged for PMD2/Sky

Master of Wind: Arceus79