Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on April 10, 2012, 08:04:20 AMWow. I loved that song! :D

But, all though I love the accuracy, why does the person have to be an octopus to play most of your songs? :/
Quote from: Maestro Aamir on April 10, 2012, 10:13:04 AM^ This. Nothing personal, but your arrangements are amazingly complicated bespin ;)

But Octopus's have only 8 fingers. We have 10  8) (just can't place them all across the keyboard similtaneously)
Anyway, I'm usually careful about interval span and avoiding chords that would feel awkward in the hand. In fact, if it's any comfort, I've lately been trying to learn a few of my arrangements myself of the piano (I even added finger markings on PMD File Select / Whiscash Pond after I learned it recently). I think the fact that alot of my arrangements require a person to juggle 2 layers in one or both hands is intimidating you. See, it's not about having additional limbs, it's just you need to have that kind of mental coordination. Thanks for the comments though, I really appreciate it :)

Quote from: WarioMan98 on April 10, 2012, 10:40:51 AMIt was on my to-do list, but what the heck? Yours is much better than the one I would have done. And it's one song less I have to do.
Very accurate and amazing!  :D

Oh. When I looked on your to-do list, it said "Dark Friend Area", which I thought referred to the "Cave" Friend Area theme. My bad  ::)  Thank you for the comment and quick forgiveness :D
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on April 10, 2012, 11:49:00 AMOh. When I looked on your to-do list, it said "Dark Friend Area", which I thought referred to the "Cave" Friend Area theme. My bad  ::)  Thank you for the comment and quick forgiveness :D

Yeah, I didn't know how to name it. Some videos in youtube say "Dark Friend Areas" and my PMD soundtrack says "Friend Areas - Swamp". I preferred "DFA" because it's not only the swamp, it's also that dark forest.

But don't worry, you gave an idea, btw. I'll be doing the "Cave" friend areas theme instead.  ;)

Bespinben

Heh, I haven't posted a new arrangement in awhile  :o  I had to omit the entire 2-chord synth part for practicality on solo piano. Anyway, do enjoy my latest PMD arrangement  ;D

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mt. Blaze Peak" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Clanker37

<3

I love Mt. Blaze Peak! Such an awesome song for two of my most hated floors in the game. This is the place where I learned that my partner is the most stupidest thing ever thught of. 'Lolololol, we're versening Moltres! I'll just hit it! Derpderpderp!'

Anyways, I love it! :D I love the calmness of this song. It's like th calm before the storm. Well done Bespinben.

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on April 30, 2012, 02:07:45 AMI love Mt. Blaze Peak! Such an awesome song for two of my most hated floors in the game. This is the place where I learned that my partner is the most stupidest thing ever thught of. 'Lolololol, we're versening Moltres! I'll just hit it! Derpderpderp!'

Oh gosh, I was so lucky that I was Mudkip my first playthrough of the game. That fight would've been a pain if I weren't.

Quote from: Clanker37 on April 30, 2012, 02:07:45 AMAnyways, I love it! :D I love the calmness of this song. It's like th calm before the storm. Well done Bespinben.

Thanks! I totally definitely agree with you there. What makes that even more poignant is that, not only does such mellow song precede a battle with Moltres, but that such a song is preceded by the thundering and bold theme of Mt. Blaze itself. The effect of the contrast is amazing.

SlowPokemon

Ohhhhh Jesus Christ I hated this level. I hated Moltres battle. The music for the original Mt Blaze got really repetitive too.

Also your "In The Hands Of Fate" arrangement is pretty flawless. It's my favorite arrangement of yours now. It's not really accurate but it's beautiful and expands on the theme in a way that's expertly done. Well done my friend. (Now do Spinda's Cafe)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 30, 2012, 06:54:38 PMAlso your "In The Hands Of Fate" arrangement is pretty flawless. It's my favorite arrangement of yours now. It's not really accurate but it's beautiful and expands on the theme in a way that's expertly done. Well done my friend. (Now do Spinda's Cafe)

Ah, thanks a bunch! When I tried to get the arrangement put on-site for the previous update, it got denied for the same reason Maestro's Virtuoso Arrangements got taken off the main site -- too significant departure from the original tune. I'm still glad I did it though, and it was no loss to me since all I had to do get the song on-site was to make a dupicate of my arrangement, minus the introduction and expansion.

Oh yeh, Spinda's Cafe  :o Thx for reminding me :)

SlowPokemon

Hey in addition to Spinda's Cafe do you wanna do Mt Horn? I love that piece too
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on April 07, 2012, 09:20:44 PMNext up, PMD2 Mt. Horn!

I actually started working on it already about a few weeks ago, but was beginning to get frustrated as I was finding it difficult to incorporate the two-part melody, the marimba ostinato, and the incessant timpani Cs into the solo arrangement. The marimba ostinato and the melody have some occasional note overlap too, to boot. I'll have to try a different approach.

Bespinben

I've decided today I'm going to finish arranging Pokémon HGSS "National Park" once and for all. I also am thinking of doing-over some of what I've already wrote to make it simpler to play.

spitllama

Primal Dialga / Dialga's Fight to the Finish (Two pianos):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Ok I hate to just comment on ancient pieces but this is so awesome. I hope Maestro uses it for the Community performance.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on May 27, 2012, 09:17:16 AMPrimal Dialga / Dialga's Fight to the Finish (Two pianos):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Ok I hate to just comment on ancient pieces but this is so awesome. I hope Maestro uses it for the Community performance.

:D Wow thanks! It makes me happy to see you like my arrangement, since it helps me feel like I did the song justice (it really is one of the most epic songs ever from that game, possibly even out of the entirity of Pokemon-dom).

EDIT: Status update -- Started up a transcription of the "Outlaw" theme from PMD2. Gotta love 'dem crazy chromatics.

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 04, 2012, 04:17:09 AMHey in addition to Spinda's Cafe do you wanna do Mt Horn? I love that piece too
*cough* What's going on here? :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

I was starting to think about what I might do after I finish my PMD arranging project, and I thought that perhaps I could go and arrange some Nintendo classics, particularly those of Koji Kondo. Getting a head-start on that idea, I decided to arrange the "Castle Clear" theme from Super Mario World for the SNES, because the song is so epic (yet so under-appreciated at the same time, evidenced by the near-complete lack of any covers or remixes of the song on the internet).

[SNES] Super Mario World
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sub Castle Clear Fanfare":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: fingerz on May 28, 2012, 02:50:57 PM*cough* What's going on here? :P

Oh, haha ^.^"  You see fingerz, there currently is only a duet arrangement of that song, so Slow wanted me to make a solo reduction.
Btw, when am I gonna see you do the "There's Trouble" theme from PMD1?