News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Oh gosh, this has to have been one of the most difficult transcriptions I've attempted to date. Even with the song slowed down to 25% in Audacity, it was extremely difficult to decipher it's odd rhythms (and I'm still not even sure if I put the correct time signature). Oh, and it's entirely in whole tone scales, fun.  Anyway, please enjoy my latest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon arrangement~

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lapis Cave" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Just awesome. That's all I can say.
Yes, you've got the right signature(s). It's meant to be 4/4 and then a bar of 3/4 and so on. Well done Ben!! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on March 23, 2012, 04:31:41 PMJust awesome. That's all I can say.
Yes, you've got the right signature(s). It's meant to be 4/4 and then a bar of 3/4 and so on. Well done Ben!! :D

Alright!!! Well, since I finally got that done, you think I could take another PMD song off your to-do list fingerz? "There's Trouble" maybe?

fingerz

....Not that one, sorry. If there's one song I do want to do from those games, it's that one. I'm sure you understand. :P

BUT! You can have any of these. :)

Makuhita Dojo from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Mt. Thunder from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Stop! Theif! from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Caves from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Pond from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on March 23, 2012, 04:55:46 PM....Not that one, sorry. If there's one song I do want to do from those games, it's that one. I'm sure you understand. :P

BUT! You can have any of these. :)

Makuhita Dojo from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Mt. Thunder from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Stop! Theif! from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Caves from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Pond from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Alright, I understand. That bass ostinato in that song is pretty awesome, after all. AND YES MT THUNDER HUZZAH

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bespinben on March 23, 2012, 05:01:00 PMAlright, I understand. That bass ostinato in that song is pretty awesome, after all. AND YES MT THUNDER HUZZAH
Do the others too! XD
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Yeah, agreed. I haven't got anywhere near the spare time I used to. XD

Bespinben

As requested by Clanker, here is my arrangement of PMD "Frosty Forest". Surprisingly, this is the first time in quite awhile that I've arranged a piano duet, and, even more surprisingly, my first time writing a piano duet as a 4-hands arrangement. On the song itself, I find it extremely repetitive, as the whole first 2 minutes of the song is based on a fully diminished 7th chord that modulates every 2 measures. At least Iiyoshi-san keeps things interesting by slowly adding parts over the first 2 minutes to add complexity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Frosty Forest" (4-hands):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Next up, PMD2 Mt. Horn!

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on April 07, 2012, 09:20:44 PMNext up, PMD2 Mt. Horn!

Changes of plans, I'm going to be arranging the Swamp Friend Area theme from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team next. I was just loving how it sounded like a medieval ballad, so I really wanted to do that first instead (that, and Mt. Horn's thunderous timpanis were beginning to annoy me).

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Clanker37

Yeah, the only reason I haven't done Mt. Horn yet is because of those Timpanis. Oh how I would love to throw them off a bridge.

Anyway Frosty Forest is really good! :D Working on the solo now  ;)

Bespinben

Alright! Well this one was a fun one, especially with how it sounds like a medieval ballad. The sheer diversity of Iiyoshi-san's compositions never ceases to amaze me. Please enjoy my latest PMD arrangement!

"Friend Area ~ Swamp" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Clanker37

Wow. I loved that song! :D

But, all though I love the accuracy, why does the person have to be an octopus to play most of your songs? :/

Sir Dino

^ This. Nothing personal, but your arrangements are amazingly complicated bespin ;)

DonValentino

It was on my to-do list, but what the heck? Yours is much better than the one I would have done. And it's one song less I have to do.
Very accurate and amazing!  :D