Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Oh you mean that section of the song about 80 seconds in where it's only half note chords played in succession? Oh yes, those chords might be difficult to figure out, but you can do it!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on March 01, 2012, 11:55:36 PMOh you mean that section of the song about 80 seconds in where it's only half note chords played in succession? Oh yes, those chords might be difficult to figure out, but you can do it!
No I can't. Since I have no idea what you're talking about xD

Bespinben

A few of you may be familiar with the Sky Tower Summit duet I had wrote when I first joined NSM, but now I've finally gotten around to making a solo of it! I was aversive at first simply because of the many parts in the song, but with some octave switching and chord inversions, I've managed to keep the piece intact in a 2-hand format! Enjoy ~

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sky Tower Summit" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

K-NiGhT

I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the top!

*10 floors later*

Worst. Second. Half. EVAR!

*sees Rayquaza*

WHAT THE FU-

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

I was fiddling around on the piano today when I happened to realize that "In the Hands of Fate" from PMD2 and the Zelda: OoT "Title Theme" used practically the same chord progression, so I fleshed out my ideas and made something of a PMD medley accompanied by the left hand of the OoT Title Theme (and right occasionally). I even came up with a spoof game this song would belong to! (see below)

[GBA/DS/N64] The Legend of Ninetales: Pokéflute of Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Title Theme" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

Gosh, this song is so epic. Here's to hoping it still sounds good on solo piano! (I really gotta check those chord spellings though - ever since I read some online music theory lessons couple weeks ago, I'm seeing spellings errors all over my arrangements :P)

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Chasm Cave" / "Spacial Rift" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

Here's another one of fingerz to-do list items that I stole (with permission :P). I just love this theme so much, it really pumps me up during a boss fight, especially with the ever-growing crescendo throughout. Please, enjoy my arrangement :D

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
"Boss Battle!" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

spitllama

I've been meaning to tell you that I've been playing your "N's Farewell" lately. And everytime I finish my mom goes "oh mah gaaaash that's such a beautiful piece. What song is that?" I'm like "Thanks mom but I tell you this every single time I play it."

So yah. Just letting you know you have my mother's approval lol.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

Quote from: spitllama on March 20, 2012, 09:03:15 AMI've been meaning to tell you that I've been playing your "N's Farewell" lately. And everytime I finish my mom goes "oh mah gaaaash that's such a beautiful piece. What song is that?" I'm like "Thanks mom but I tell you this every single time I play it."

mine too!  :o That's because "N's farewell" is an awesome song.  :)
Also, good job with the "Boss Battle" one.

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on March 20, 2012, 09:03:15 AMI've been meaning to tell you that I've been playing your "N's Farewell" lately. And everytime I finish my mom goes "oh mah gaaaash that's such a beautiful piece. What song is that?" I'm like "Thanks mom but I tell you this every single time I play it."

Lol, my mom does just the same thing when I play N's Farewell! and when I tell her the song is a from a Pokemon video game, she gets even more surprised because the only distinct memory of Pokemon she has is my brothers and I trading Pokemon cards during the 90s. Anyway, thanks so much for learning to play my arrangement!

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 20, 2012, 10:08:36 AMmine too!  :o That's because "N's farewell" is an awesome song.  :)
Also, good job with the "Boss Battle" one.

Oh thank you Warioman! The time signatures were a little difficult to determine, but that's what makes the song even more awesome.

SlowPokemon

That is EXACTLY what my mom does when I play that too!!!! Except I use Hugomeister's arrangement cause that's how I first learned it. I'm sure they're not that different.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 20, 2012, 06:10:41 PMExcept I use Hugomeister's arrangement cause that's how I first learned it. I'm sure they're not that different.

Hugomeister's arrangement is pretty much JUST the piano part from the full, orchestral version, while my arrangement attempts to account for all parts from the song.

SlowPokemon

Ah really? That sounds interesting, I'll have a look.

Actually, the song in the game is pretty much just piano anyway besides some background strings.

SlowPokemon

Oh wow that is definitely a more complex arrangement. I've never actually seen "ffff" used in a song before. Is it even possible to play that loudly? XD

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 20, 2012, 06:24:15 PMOh wow that is definitely a more complex arrangement. I've never actually seen "ffff" used in a song before. Is it even possible to play that loudly? XD

Haha, I think the multiple-layer notation just makes it look a little more intimidating, but it's really not that hard. On another matter, I believe quadruple-forte is built into Finale 2011, so it's definitely not unheard of. In fact, I believe there are some passages in Holst's "The Planets" that use sextuple-fortes, but I usually stop at "ffff" because the markings begin to lose their meaning past that.

Oh, and I herd u liek 5/4 time Slow. Have you seen my PMD2 Craggy Coast arrangement lately? :3