Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Hope i get the secret song soon :o don't put it in your submissions i want it to be a surprise until i perform it (which i hope won't be too long.)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 16, 2012, 04:07:17 PMHope i get the secret song soon :o don't put it in your submissions i want it to be a surprise until i perform it (which i hope won't be too long.)

It's a really short piece, so it shouldn't take long. I'm almost done ;) (I brought my laptop to class bwahaha)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

oh cool lol. it'll be a bit til i perform it tho obviously. i have a band concert tonight and i don't have my iPod to record anyway. lol ::)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Dang, you're quite the multi-instrumentalist? Piano, band, and singing.

@Nebbles - Working on it.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bespinben on February 16, 2012, 04:15:19 PMDang, you're quite the multi-instrumentalist? Piano, band, and singing.
Let's see...i play:
Piano
Violin (my best :p)
Trumpet (not anymore tho)
Euphonium (switched from trumpet)
Guitar (just a little)
Church Organ (I play at church for work)
and I sing.

That's why my performances thread is titled the way it is lol.

Bespinben

Everyone keeps telling me I need to play Chrono Trigger, that it's the best RPG ever. Well, I bought it on the Wii Shop Channel not too long ago, and starting playing it. Next thing you know I'm immersed in this wonderful world of cheer, strutting around the fair without a clue of what to do, and listening to a lively and wonderfully joyful tune. Sure I haven't gotten far (only thing I've done so far is beat Gato for 15 points), but I just had to arrange this song! Please, enjoy!

[SNES] Chrono Trigger
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Guardia Millenial Fair" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

I've been working on this dungeon theme on-and-off for about 2-3 weeks now, but I'm really happy how it turned out. Do enjoy!

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Craggy Coast" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Clanker37

Very Good!  ;D A bit crazy at parts, but nothing good practise can't work out! I never really liked the song in the game, you really made this piece come alive! Well done! It's going on my "Have to learn" list  ;)

Also are you working on Frosty Forest? I love that song and I'd love you to do it, unless you don't want to.

spitllama

I always love your arrangements Bespinben. They always show a ton of hard work each time. Usually can't play them though xD

[/random post]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

@Clanker - I have the entire PMD and PMD2 song list on my first page. There isn't a PMD song I don't want to arrange! Anyway, I started looking at Frosty Forest, and it seems like it's in 7/4 time. I have yet to determine whether this consists of an additive meter or whether it is simply 7 quarter notes in a measure though. You mentioned a while back that you were going to arrange PMD2 "Steam Cave"? Just thought I'd bring that back up.

@spitllama - Oh thank you spitllama! I'm very happy someones sees the amount of time I put into these. Craggy Coast was especially difficult in particular because finding a way to effectively fit the many parts from the song into two-hands was, well, difficult.
Quote from: spitllama on March 01, 2012, 06:50:31 AMUsually can't play them though xD
Yeah, the marimba 16th note runs in the left hand near the start are pretty crazy, not to mention that the same hand has to jump down frequently to tap the bass notes and then immediately return back up to the marimba line.

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on March 01, 2012, 07:01:15 AMYou mentioned a while back that you were going to arrange PMD2 "Steam Cave"? Just thought I'd bring that back up.

It may or may not be a complete disaster

Bespinben

Are you maybe having difficulty with those odd rhythms in the music box run at the start of the song?