Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

Gosh, I haven't posted a new arrangement in over a month! I hope my newest arrangement of "Temporal Tower" from PMD2 makes up for that ;)

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Temporal Tower" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[YOUTUBE][/url]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

I make extensive usage of specific pedaling techniques in this arrangement to ensure it can be played with two hands (look for "sost." and "Leo" markings under the staves).

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

^_^ Thanks

I think I might arrange Temporal Spire next, since it would only make sense given that I just did Temporal Tower :3

pumpy_heart

Nice piece. Definitely playable by the right person.
Some general observations: Beat division should be clear and phrase modulations should be notated with the correct key signature.
Dotted note rhythms shouldn't be notated as two (or more) dotted notes next to each other in a duple meter (such as this one). And sometimes, you did the rhythm 8th, 16th, 8th, 16th, 8th, which disguises one of the beats. Easy fix for both. Same for the key. It clearly modulates from A minor to E minor a few times. Both of these help the player's performance of the piece.
You have a clear notation of hand position and where each hand goes. Good job with that, and this piece overall.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. The piece never uses an F natural, so this leads me to believe it's in A dorian, based on G major, with the key signature containing F#.

Bespinben

Thanks for your tips as always pumpy! I appreciate it  ;D

Quote from: pumpy_heart on December 06, 2011, 03:53:38 PMEDIT: Sorry, my mistake. The piece never uses an F natural, so this leads me to believe it's in A dorian, based on G major, with the key signature containing F#.

I must point out that there are F naturals in the piece at measure 7 and 9. These are the only times it appears though, so I don't know if that would have any bearing on the key signature.

EDIT: Of course, if it did, then the only difference would be whether saying it's in E minor or G major, so I guess it doesn't really matter, since it would still show up the same on the sheet.

pumpy_heart

Yup. And you could start the piece in A minor, then change to E minor (A dorian) when the tune starts.

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: Bespinben on December 06, 2011, 03:51:26 AMGosh, I haven't posted a new arrangement in over a month! I hope my newest arrangement of "Temporal Tower" from PMD2 makes up for that ;)

Geez! And your telling me to rework my sheets into arrangements!
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

Bespinben

Quote from: GoronsOrchestrated on December 07, 2011, 04:31:15 PMGeez! And your telling me to rework my sheets into arrangements!

That I did. I provided VERY specific playing instructions in my arrangement, notating my hand-crossing and pedaling with utmost clarity. I also hand-tested almost every chord in the arrangement to make sure it didn't feel awkward or require intervals larger than a 10th. Just because something looks hard doesn't necessarily mean it's unplayable.

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on December 06, 2011, 03:51:26 AMGosh, I haven't posted a new arrangement in over a month! I hope my newest arrangement of "Temporal Tower" from PMD2 makes up for that ;)

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Temporal Tower" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[YOUTUBE][/url]

I just came from the shadows to say... Bravo. I wish I could play that right now. Good luck with "Temporal Spire"!

O F F T O P I CAlso, in my little free time I've been doing a "Gargoyle's Quest Project", with every song from Gargoyle's Quest: Ghost'n'Goblins. I liked it a lot! If you don't know which title to buy, I'd recommend you GQ!. I just finished GQ on Virtual Console, and I realized that the soundtrack is pretty good! Did you know that Yoko Shimomura was involved in this game's music? It surprised me! It's a very different style to the Mario and Luigi series!  ;)
This is very offtopic, but I just have time to see how the forums are going, quickly vote in some polls (Morpha FTW!) and then back to work. Let's see... maybe next week I'll start again with arranging. Exams finish this Friday! :D
Well...
Nothing else.
O F F T O P I C

Bespinben

Under usual circumstances, I would've posted this in my "project .mus conversion" thread in the Help section. However, due to the fact that I pretty much completely overhauled my old .sib arrangement of "Primal Dialga" while making the .mus (rewrote the entire piece in common time [original was in cut time], used new clef changes, utilized cross-staff tool, and employed a third staff for the right hand of the first piano near the end of the piece), I thought it expedient to post this in my submissions thread. That, and it would give those who hadn't looked at my arrangement back in July a chance to see it.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Primal Dialga" / "Dialga's Fight to the Finish" (Two pianos):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

K-NiGhT

Don't forget to put the heartgold/soulsilver national park on your to-do list! I want that song so bad :O!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

You silly. Look at my to-do list again. It's on there. Oh, and you can get a sneak-peek of my progress on National Park so far on the Request thread for it.